Once again

Once again

A Story by Amitesh Rout

I would always follow her down the street, to her college or when she would come out for groceries. There was something in her that always caught my eye. She wasn't what guys would call beautiful or someone bejeweled with essential curves, but her obscurity always lured me. I would spend hours, thinking, and then looking out the windows to the bewildered streets and finally a thought popped up in my head.
I realized then how much the stars may twinkle, its the moon that guides us. The moon with a mark on it rather than the beautiful twinkling stars.

It was rather an empty pursuit in haste of love. But when strings get attached, you know all you can be is a mimicking puppet.The most difficult battle a man has to face is the one between his mind and his heart. Mind will always lure the hearts but your heart can rule all the brilliant minds. 

Life is always full of mercy and hell it couldn't stand my uncoerced actions. And on one beautiful dull Monday, I grabbed a rose and marched on to the usual corner of the 13th street where she would buy her daily needs.

The wait was long, long enough to shower me with beads of perspiration and as the nausea and nervousness had begun to question my heart I caught a glimpse of her. I started floating towards her with my hands behind me. The wind whistled past me and hit her straight in the face. As she raised her hand to tame her curls I fell in love Once again.

 

© 2015 Amitesh Rout


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 2, 2015

Author

Amitesh Rout
Amitesh Rout

Bangalore, India



About
Let me rekindle those scintillating memoirs of incandescent love and reignite your heart to blurt out unspoken dreams... more..

Writing
Strayed Strayed

A Poem by Amitesh Rout


Rebirth Rebirth

A Poem by Amitesh Rout