Love Lost

Love Lost

A Story by AmongSavages
"

A small "story" I guess you could say

"

Love Lost

His last days were spent waiting. He waited for her, watching life pass by through the grimy windows of his ancient home. He sat on the windowsill every day for ten years, listening for the steady clicking of her heels on the cracked concrete of damaged walkway. He sat on the windowsill, looking for the woman that had walked out on him ten years ago. He sat on the windowsill still, silent.

 His house was falling apart around him, but he paid it no mind. His health was waning gradually. The strong, healthy man he once was had become weak and malnourished. His skin and hair wore thin. His eyes and cheeks were sunken into the bone underneath, but he continued to wait for her on the windowsill.           

            His time had come. Ten years after her sudden departure, his time had come. The man took his last life’s breath humming their song. He took his last breath finally able to accept that she had just been another love lost. 

© 2013 AmongSavages


Author's Note

AmongSavages
It's meant to be this short. I just had a random idea for something depressing. Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is an idea that could easily be expanded upon. A short chapter a year about how he begins to lose his mind and doesn't acknowledge the strangeness of his behaviour. It could be almost like an Edgar Allen Poe story.

I hate to say it, it is not depressing. It is bittersweet. Romantic. This man who for a decade never loses hope. Like a loyal dog on the front porch. Not knowing. Not understanding. Not accepting that she will never return.

It's an interesting idea, definitely worth exploring further.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1859 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013
Tags: lost, death, withered, love, waiting, sad, old

Author

AmongSavages
AmongSavages

FL



About
A wannabe fashion major who really doesn't think she writes enough at all. more..

Writing