I'm A Frog!

I'm A Frog!

A Story by Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"
"

Johnny Frog.... looking for that perfect kiss... was that what he really needed to be happy?

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once upon a time there was a frog named Johnny.

 

Johnny lived his life in a green meadow down by a beautiful creek. He spent his frog days hopping around and wondering what it would be like to be human.

 

Johnny lived next door to The Jones family. The Jones family lived in a nice home just steps from the creek where Johnny lived. Susie Jones would play outside on her swing set. Johnny would often hop a bit closer to watch Susie play.

 

Johnny frog often boasted of how great it was to be a frog. There were times Johnny would brag to his other frog buddies, "When I was a tad pole, I could swim faster than any other tad pole around." It was good to be a frog but Johnny’s curiosity often made him wonder about.... "humans."

 

He liked being a frog and the fact he was "green." No one jumped logs like Johnny frog. Johnny was a only frog. He lived in a real nice frog pad with him parents by the creek. Johnny had it made. What more could a frog want? Long days, wonderful lily pads, and a lot of flies to catch and eat.

 

No one ever made Johnny feel more loved. Hey, "Its Great To Be Green!" Johnny would scream as he jumped around in joy. Sunny days.... hot nights.... WOW! Johnny frog.

One day, Susie and some of her friends were outside playing and Johnny frog decided to hop on over to watch. Johnny just wanted to know what it would be like to be a human. Johnny frog would often wonder, "What would it be like to have Susie play with me?" Johnny knew his chances of really having that moment...that once wish to ‘be a human’ for a day would probably never come true. Just to be around Susie and play like humans do.

 

While Johnny was daydreaming, he did not realize that Susie and her friends had noticed him. "They noticed me?" Johnny said to himself. "What do I do?" Johnny frog was about to pass out.... so he remained calm and did what frogs should not do... he "FROZE." Johnny could not jump or even hop off.... he just froze at the site of Susie. As Susie came closer and started to pick Johnny up, her mother screamed, "Susie, put that frog down, he will cause you to get warts!."

 

Johnny, still being mesmerized by Susie’s beauty did not realize what her mother had told her. Susie very quickly put Johnny frog down and ran away to play with her friends.

Johnny quickly sat there, stunned that he had been put down but was wondering, "Where was that kiss?"... "How beautiful Susie was..." "Oh, how I wished for that kiss that would make me a human for a day." Johnny had always heard if a frog was kissed by a beautiful girl, he would become human for a day. He was happy being a frog but just wanted that day with Susie.

 

Disappointed, Johnny frog realized that the kiss did not happen and was also realizing that Susie put him down because her mother said he would cause her to have "warts?" Johnny’s heart was crushed. "How could this be?" Johnny would ask himself... What about my heart? What about my smile? Hey... what is going on? Johnny asked himself.

 

Sadly, Johnny frog hopped back to his home. Upset and lonely, Johnny frog went to bed that night thinking about what could possibly be done to change Susie’s mind about him. "Should I comb my frog hairs to the side?" Johnny thought... "I brushed my frog teeth this morning." What could it be?.... then Johnny thought, "Do frogs really cause warts?"

 

Johnny frog’s mother came in and asked why he was crying. Johnny frog said, "I’m not crying." " What is wrong my little frog?" Johnny’s mother asked. Johnny looked at his mother and asked, "Do frogs cause warts?" What Johnny? his mother asked.... Johnny asked again, "Do frogs cause warts if humans touch them?" Of course not Johnny... why do you ask? Johnny said, we’ll you know Susie that lives next door? Johnny’s mother said, "yes." Johnny said, I hopped over to take a closer look today and just as Susie started to pick me up, her mother told her to put me down because "frogs" cause warts.

 

Johnny’s mother laughed, no my dear Johnny, I do not believe that frogs causes warts but I think humans "break hearts." "Breaks hearts?" Johnny asked . "Why do you say that mother?" Johnny’s mother sat down on his lily pad bed and put her frog legs around Johnny. Johnny loved his mother and when she would sit down by him on his bed and put her frog legs around him, he knew everything always would be alright. There was no one like his mother to make everything alright.

 

Johnny’s mother told him, "You know Johnny, humans are very different than us frogs." Johnny looked at his mother and nodded "yes." Johnny, his mother said, " God made humans just like he made frogs." Humans however, spend a lot of time running around, working, going here and there and they never really slow down enough to see our beautiful world. Johnny looked at his mother and asked, "What do you mean mother?" Johnny’s mother continued to tell him of how wonderful it was to be a "frog".... "Frogs" Johnny’s mother told him are wonderful...we are colorful (green), we can jump all day....play on lily pads..... catch flies.... Jump from one beautiful field to the next and at the end of the day....most important, we come together as one frog family and we fill our beautiful nights with our croaks. Frogs are great! Johnny’s mother screamed.

 

Johnny, you might think you want Susie to give you that "kiss" you have heard about that will change you into a human for a day but let me ask you.... what if that happened?.... Look what you would miss out on.... You see Johnny, love and happiness is NOT found in your color, or even WHAT you are.... The secret is found right here... as Johnny’s mother points to his heart. Johnny frog looked at his mother and asked, "My heart?" Yes Johnny, your heart.

 

You see my dear Johnny frog, one can not truly be happy until he finds peace and love which begins with your heart. Follow your heart Johnny....it will never hop you in the wrong direction. You will see, mother frogs always knows best.

 

As she tucked Johnny frog in for the night, she leaned over and kissed his green face.... "See Johnny," she said.... You just got kissed by a Queen... who needs a princess? Johnny laughed as she closed his door.

 

Johnny laid there after his mother left his pad and he jumped out of bed and hopped to his bedroom window. He looked up at the beautiful night full of twinkling stars. "Wow!" Johnny thought as he leaned over his window seal.... look what a beautiful night!...look at those stars!...hey, better yet...."listen".... ..As Johnny listened, he heard the most beautiful music to his frog ears.... Johnny heard.... "FROGS!" Beautiful voices that filled the most beautiful night... what more could a frog want?

 

"I’m glad I am a Frog!" Johnny screamed into the night. As Johnny looked down, he noticed a beautiful frog gazing up at him. "Who was this?" Johnny thought. "My name is Jill" said the little cute girl frog. "We’ll, I’m Johnny frog." What’s hoppin?

 

Johnny and Jill hopped on over the hill to sit and watch the stars and to sing with the other frogs into the night.

 

In the end, Johnny frog was happy to be a frog. It is not about what we want to be in life, rather WHO we are in life. It all begins with the "HEART."

 

"Find your heart, and you will find the way to love and life." Be yourself...nothing more, nothing less. Give Love and you will be loved.

 

The End

© 2008 Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"


Author's Note

Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"
Dedicated to my friend Tony.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

FROGS CAN'T TALK GODDAMNIT

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2008
Last Updated on July 25, 2008

Author

Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"
Amy..... "sing To Me A Spanish Lullaby, And I Will Get Lost In Your Eyes"

Bright souls have no certain destination and the moon got lost last night



About
Do we really have to "tell all" for one to be a friend? I am not like most of the writers here at the cafe. I have not been writing for very long and actually started only a short time ago after my .. more..

Writing