Kidnapped

Kidnapped

A Chapter by AnastasiaDreams
"

I am the one who did it - I am a terrifying evil man.

"
You’ve tried three times!!! How can you tell you’re going to be right this time you idiot!?!? I sighed. I honestly felt she was the one. Looking at her walk across the road again with possibly nothing but slight worry spread across her honeyglow-covered features. Her brown hair was a wavy mane in the wind and her glasses shaped her dark eyes. She had quite pinkish red lips and didn’t seem to be wearing make-up as her skin was like a teenager’s - which she was - horribly kept and slightly spotty. Her nose was supporting her glasses. It was pretty darn likely she wasn’t the one. The Nicest could be anyone. But then again, very few people really are nice, so technically The Nicest can’t be anyone. It wasn’t the last three people I’d tried. 
“What do you think?” I looked down at Neu. Neu was our baby griffon. And by our, I meant mine and Rylie’s. Rylie wasn’t there at the time.
Neu shot up from his sleeping position and looked through the window. 
“Oooooooooooooooooooooooh” He growled through his  beak. He turned to me and nodded. 
My features drooped into a disappointed, tired expression of disbelief. It didn’t seem like he had really contemplated anything, so I didn’t find it that helpful.
“Oooh K…”I grumbled under my breath. I held my chin in my hands as the ppressure started to sink in. I couldn’t be in human domain. I was, but not for long before police were on my case. They knew my number plate and all. So I ripped it off. Which is a big problem anyway… as I heavily pounced out of the camper, gun in my pocket, a solemn look on my face. I didn’t really WANT to wait ‘til she came back out of her house, so my feet sped up quite unprofessionally. My foot steps weren’t slow heavy and eerily threatening, but there was no time, she was pretty fast! I started jogging a bit - looking like a numpty or amateur - and by now I was surprised she hadn’t looked back at me, I’m not exactly light on feet. Oh gosh, I felt so silly,  but finally I was about three feet behind her. I leapt in a desperate attempt to reach her and thumped onto the ground just behind her. Oddly, she didn’t scream, but I could tell her eyebrows had raised in a comically surprised fashion.  She turned her head around quickly, but with hesitation, and instinctively jumped back. She was looking confused - and I think I could see that she thought I was just some dodgy man...Which I am - and smiled a bit at me.
“You’re going to-”
“Hello….Oh! Sorry! Carry on...” She said, interrupting my kidnapper instructions to get in the car without anyone noticing. My eyebrows raised questioningly slightly and features softened to a man who has a soul. Only just. I lifted up slightly, too. But what was she? 5ft1? A dwarf! I was a 6ft7 man of 32! She obviously thought I was in need of directions or assistance or something, probably because I’m a “dumb blonde”. This assumption made me a bit angry, but still I was quite dumbfounded by this girl. She should’ve been screaming or at least leaning back in a nervous kind of way.
But she wasn’t...Quite astonishing, really. I would soon make her scared though, which I easily took pleasure in doing. My hand swiftly reached down to my side and effortlessly pulled out my gun. I pointed it at her and painted my face with aggression.
“Look!” I began, her eyebrows raised in disbelief and fear. Yay. “You. Are going to get in the camper van across the road. See it?” I referenced to my ride, parked down the road, and she nodded - whether she saw it or not. She didn’t actually look. - seeming a bit more weary as my voice had deepened and got more serious. A bit quieter, too. “And I’m gonna put my gun away, but if you try to run, get help or attention, or try escape in any way, I WILL shoot you and you WILL die.” Her face was in strong disbelief and she looked at the ground sadly. “IF you don’t walk over to that camper quietly and willingly.” She once again nodded, now actually looking quite upset. Maybe she just realized I’d taken her life from beneath her. Never mind. I THINK she’s the one… 
So I slowly put the gun in my pocket staring threateningly into her eyes, which she ignored, she didn’t look at my eyes. She looked at the floor. I didn’t think she was crying, though. She wasn’t, which is ALSO new.
I pushed her in front of me and held the back of her collar, she made a slightly animalistic growling/humming noise of disapproval. It got annoying so I smacked the back of her head. Her head was bobbed forward.
“Ow!” She knew quite well! Soon as she’d yelled that, she sucked in a breath of air. I made a very happy and satisfied “mm!” noise. My grip softened and she really did just do what I said. She ACTUALLY just walked to the camper and opened the back door, hopped in and shut it again. Huh. She really didn’t want to be shot. Made sense.
I slowly opened MY door and hopped in and on to MY driver’s seat. I looked back, keeping my scowl that looked as heartless as ever. She was just looking like she were to cry. THAT made sense, too! She may never see her family again. Unless she IS The Nicest, then I’d happily return her. But let’s face it - it’ll never be the same. She was also looking petrified…?
Oh! I hadn’t told her what I was going to do to her. I opened my mouth to say something, my features softening, but then I realized that I kind of enjoyed seeing children looking petrified. I also liked it when people became relieved, so I wanted to save that time and scare her and upset her enough to make her REALLY relieved. Made my job a lot nicer FOR ME, and it wasn’t like she was going anywhere. 
Shame though...She was too busy looking at the floor of the car to notice a baby griffon was smiling at her quite welcomingly (and stupidly) from the front seat. She didn’t notice him when she walked to the car, either. I watched the two for a minute before starting the car and beginning to drive to see what her reaction to him would be...She didn’t look up, but Neu kept smiling curiously at...What was her name? I cleared my throat and heard her sudden, scared movement.
“What’s your name?” I asked without any trace of feeling.
“Uh..Me name’s Ana…”I noticed her slight Norfolk accent, and noticed that if it weren’t for that, she would sound extremely sophisticated. But because of her Norfolk-ness she didn’t! Because the people of Norfolk aren’t sophisticated, not like the people of Suffolk! I smiled smugly to myself at that thought. Knowing stubborn Norfolk-ers, though she’d probably not admit it, so I decided not to say anything.
“Oh.” I said leaving an awkward quiteness. I heard her move again. She looked back at the floor. She STILL hadn’t noticed Neu!!! I sighed and looked to Neu, who was still looking at her with happy interest. Suddenly, he decided to lean toward her.
“Squawk..?” He...squawked, and she immediately looked up and I heard her jolt back.
“Ahh….Wow!” She said. “Hello…” She had a hint of giggle in her voice, but I could tell she still had a bit of fear caught in there too. I smirked at the reaction, it was quite a sweet one. Her expression became blank and dumb, full of disbelief and sad confusion.
“...It’s a griffin…” She said. I couldn’t help but snort, she sounded like an idiot! Well she was from Norfolk...
“called Neu. Yes.” I added and reassured in three words. 
“Really?” She asked.
“Really.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Really?”
“...Really.”
“Woooooah.” She said. “Cool. I...didn’t think they...uh...existed so it’s just a...bit of a surprise.”
“Well get ready for more of them, there are a lot more on the way.” I can imagine how confused she was. Surely I wanted to torture her, right? So why on earth did the most awful plain minded man, who only lives to kidnap children, have a griffon, and by the sounds of it, many more “surprises”? As you already know, I don’t want to answer her questions just yet.
“Wh...Why did you kidnap me?” She asked, with only curiosity, no nervousness. Maybe she figured out I’m not normal...somehow...I would’ve facepalmed if I weren’t driving.
I sighed. Not wanting to answer, but...Oh, never mind!
“I sense in you something VERY special. Something rare...” I paused serious and gave a her a look of meaning. This was the most IMPORTANT part of her… “You’re nice.” I could almost feel the humourous eyebrow twinge she gave, and the sudden single laugh that almost escaped her mouth. Even though my eyes have been on the road the whole time. “And that niceness, I think, defeats that of any other living being on the planet.”
“Are you from Suffolk?” She asked randomly. I nodded embarrassed, even though the people of Norfolk are idiots, they seem to beat us in every type of sports game imaginable, and they say things about us like we do them.
“Why?” I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.
“Coz ya come out with a load o’ trash!” She answered almost too confidently and too happily. I scowled. I already liked this one. 
“Aaaaanyway,” I began again. “The nicest person on the planet, which I THINK you are, so does Neu,” Neu purred and I heard him rub against her with something that sounded like a hug in return. “has the ability to defeat something I’ve been trying for four years to temper...The Nastiest.”
“These are some good adjectives,” She interrupted sarcastically.
“He’s the spirit corrupting this planet.” 
“Oh?”
“Yeah, basically...he affected like...Uh...you know...the freedom...ness. Media and...problems…” I said trying to not sound nearly as enthusiastic as I really was. People who get obsessive over real life problems are really boring and I didn’t want to come off that way.
“So...things like depression, mental illnesses and wars over religion? Greediness between different groups of people and not doing what’s human and fair and right because of...stuffs?” She asked. Wow. I’m not surprised often but she really...was like me...She was still human. She still knew right from wrong, and she still knew what mattered…
“Yes…” I said in deep thought. 
“Huh, I always held humans responsible for their actions…” She said.
Was she being passive aggressive? Goodness…


© 2015 AnastasiaDreams


Author's Note

AnastasiaDreams
Wha'da'ya think? Better? ^U^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 2, 2015
Tags: adventure, fantasy, conspiracy, human, dragon, griffin, warlock, evil, good, funny


Author

AnastasiaDreams
AnastasiaDreams

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom



About
I am just a young, easily embarrassed (I do A LOT of embarrassing things... "-_-) school girl. A teenage dirtbag, too. I don't even really like writing, I prefer my written work to be storyboards, com.. more..

Writing