"How Are Words Chosen?"

"How Are Words Chosen?"

A Poem by Chris
"

A quiet ...thought

"

 

"How Are Words Chosen?  "

 

Do the thoughts align to form a rhyme

and slip and slide into formats of light

- each but another measure of what might

be a this or that or even a "q" that added

becomes a squiggle of sound-based-sight?

 

And what decides or determines the path

each breath of thought must flow

to be where we as a person go

to align and find a mind's belief

that such as any word will fit

with all the proper discernment and wit?

 

Duh, idk...

 

Chris

© 2013 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Always a concern - am I choosing the right words? To speak, to write, to believe? A deep question for a writer - but for most, the use of language boils down to, as you so eloquently put it - "duh, idk..." Really enjoyed this, Chris!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel a chuckle or three behind your thoughts: a feeling for something that runs and hides, then waits for the late.comers.. maybe? Surely a hint of language lands prepared to wait to be found by someone prepared to listen, consider, juggle, sip, taste.. then ends with an adventure into letters shared, thoughts exchanged.

Posted 11 Years Ago


it's the thinking that brings the trouble to the words... I think....

if the birth of Logos could only see itself now....

I think, language has now permanently morphed into a lingo of Catch Phrase. A word, a random, spontaneous splattering of tongue and saliva mixed with a feeble neuron spark.

It's funny, animals can say everything they need to with their alert and curious eyes. Man once too had that ability, until Logos arrived.

Man's Logos: Melodic Monotone

you may quote me...hahahaahahahahaahaaha

Posted 11 Years Ago


I watched "again" "The King's Speech" last night. When I was much younger, because of a slight hearing impediment, I stuttered. (Still do, but most would never know.)
Anyway, words can hang on the edge of the tongue and pushed by the brain, yet they can't quite get out of the mouth in the form of a sound/word. They are there... right there! Such is writer's block, in a way.
I know I strayed... but I felt free here to do so... and "be."
If I were to venture another thought, it would be if words were chosen, they would be chosen wisely... as your writes often show us you do.
Have a very good weekend, my friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Duh, idk..."
There was a time that i do not know what "idk" means. lol.
Very nice write and the ending is a blast.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chris

11 Years Ago

Spring does bring a smile
olla

11 Years Ago

one of the mysteries of the universe.. or maybe just the play ground in my mind..

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

954 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Escapement Escapement

A Poem by Pollai