Gallery Quality Love

Gallery Quality Love

A Poem by Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

what is love

if not an unfinished line

a participle dangling her feet in the water  

a noun searching for his lost adjective

a tree without the tall?

 

it is a secret

half filled by illusory hope

left to idle between the white lines

of a street with too many dull lights

too many signs yelling stop

 

i can’t shake the feeling

that my shades are always half drawn

because too much sunlight

would ruin this romance

 

we are better like this

lost in the disorder of not knowing

because the alternative would jar us

into a sharp realization that life mimics art 

 

and maybe our art 

just isn’t gallery quality

© 2013 Girl Friday (Sarah W.)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh there are so many lines, that are so brilliant in this one Sarah, great metaphorical insight, and creativity. This write tells me, it's about love, and love that is too late, or not worth it to hang as beautiful in this gallery, but maybe better, because, all that hangs there, isn't private... and sometimes, a silence between two, can make things much better... again a write that makes you think, and ponder, loved reading it.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Elisa, you are always such a kind and consistent reviewer. I appreciate you so much :)

10 Years Ago

You're ever so welcome, I appreciate you too my dear friend, keep on writing to us, and yourself, we.. read more


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

Reviews

i personally dont believe love is dependent on intercourse or beauty. i believe its a discernment to people have always in the back of their mind. its the thing that doesn't allow us to keep fighting and helps us stop and doing something nice for the other always a moments' pause in anything that reminds us of the us. the writing is good but i dont believe such a thing is brittle to any other influence but the two involved. outside sources just adapt to the quality.

Posted 4 Months Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jef
When I read it, I imagined a love that never took off and should have. There was not enough traction in the relationship to flourish. Let me know if I am off, thank you for the opportunity to read your poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jef
When I read it, I imagined a love that never took off and should have. There was not enough traction in the relationship to flourish. Let me know if I am off, thank you for the opportunity to read your poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Lots of creativity here about love. And sometimes our relationships arent fit for the gallery. Nice poem!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really loved this..
Lovely write

Posted 7 Years Ago


I always read and review poetry on 3 levels:

1-The spiritual/philosophical level. Does the piece embrace my aesthetic sensibilities and ignite them
2-The emotional level. Does it evoke an emotional response in me, am I drawn into the drama and feelings of the writer? Has he succeeded at getting me caught up in his own personalized play?
3- The literary level. Are his words and similes, feints and rhymes compellingly articulate, original and freshly creative. What is the degree of professionalism involved?

Harsh standards of judgement perhaps!

You my dear, excel in all three categories. The gift of the really great writers in my opinion, is that they have achieved an adequate degree of technical proficiency that they are freed from the mechanical aspects of writing and can now roam the fields of artistic expression unencumbered, and exploit the fertile fields and verdant hills of creativity unchained.

Ride on! 'top your Muses horse Girl Friday, this writer is eager to hear the reports of all you find in those flowered fields!

(lay version: I think your writing is awesome and you really know how to get your points across artfully! ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wonderful analogies of the simplest yet most complicated of emotions.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I just love the ending 'and maybe our art just isn’t gallery quality'. You want to protect your art from scrutiny, from too much sunlight. You want it to be private, your own brand of art. Because others might misinterpret, judging...

Well done. Authentic.
Could you review mine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice. I like it.
Romanticism of the insecurity that can keep sometimes prevent from fully opening ourselves up to another person. Sometimes the light you speak of seems safer if it's behind curtains, but no less beautiful.

Nice piece!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like your art of defining the love...

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3782 Views
84 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 13, 2013
Last Updated on December 13, 2013

Author

Girl Friday (Sarah W.)
Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

The Beach, CA



About
"She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire." - Charles Bukowski A NOTE TO MY FRIENDS: Thank you, everyone, who has supported me so kindly on this site. I am humbled by your kind revie.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse