"But Your Eyes Are Soooooo - You..."

"But Your Eyes Are Soooooo - You..."

A Poem by Chris
"

"9/19/2013 - Journal"

"


























"But Your Eyes... Are Soooooo - You..."

 

Sharing a quiet morning coffee

with you 

would lead to dinner 

and midnight snacks 

and Sunday brunch... 

and holidays in the country 

and picnics along the shore.


"Nothing" trips to "nowhere" places

and selfless laughter,

'secret' smiles.

 

There would be

walks

and talks

hands being ...hands

held and holding

hearts smiling

eyes being filled

- with moments

- with meaning

- with wishes made

in the

moonlight

and sunlight

and soft sensuous breezes -

the quiet whispers of desire

the heated touches of passion

the gentlest "afters" kisses.

 

Morning ...coffee -

sitting on stair steps

porch steps

gazing lost

being found

...living IN the rain

...with - the rain...

and the echoes of

the Thunders and

our ...lightnings

our being -

our     our - such a little word

and so full of 

the deepest breaths we take...


morning ...coffee

and the softest eyes

gazing into...


tomorrows.

 

Chris

 

© 2013 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Chris,

Your works are new to me and after seeing a friend's comment concerning one of your most recent posts, it is the inquisitive nature of me to go through your list of poems before settling on one to review, and so it is here that I have first arrived to read and review - a lovely place to start as it is morning and the coffee is brewing as with eloquence you share with us a handwritten version of your poem which is something I rarely see anymore, a treat, a treasure, a most delightful treasure I add.

As your words tumble down the pages with expressions of tender sentiment, I am quite caught in awe of the emotion you share with the reader. All I can say is, "Captivating"!

Thank you for sharing part of you with us in our today!!

Sheila



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

10 Years Ago

Sheila - if I may... thank you for pausing with me and for expressing your thoughts. You are ALWAYS.. read more
Sheila Kline

10 Years Ago

Thank you Chris! It would indeed be a pleasure to share a mug of coffee and share ideas, views, opi.. read more



Reviews

I love it! Especially the coffee line :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I always find myself among your bookshelves... Beautifully crafted imagery. Emotions oh so familiar and welcomed. A work so powerful I can hear the grinder, smell the coffee and remember those eyes with a smile. A time when all tomorrows were bright and cheery. And whispers... Well, whispers just were. Your journeys conjure the most amazing memories for me. Pieces and tidbits I have long forgotten in my cluttered attic. Beautiful my friend. You once referred to me as "light man"... I defer. I thank you for the sharing of your world and am humbled by it's grace. Yes... I can go on... but I wont. I LOVED this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can picture a couple doing this. I noticed how you said "There would be" as someone describing what it would be like when he married. I see this set in the future instead of the present. Not bad kid, I noticed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
This is perfect for us - right in the middle of our honeymoon....

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is the simple things in life that have the deepest meaning and need to be treasured the most.
this is exactly how a day with my husband would be, and it is incredible.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the touch of adding the photo of the poem. This is a beautiful, loving work, filled with soft and lovely images. I really enjoyed the read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris,

Your works are new to me and after seeing a friend's comment concerning one of your most recent posts, it is the inquisitive nature of me to go through your list of poems before settling on one to review, and so it is here that I have first arrived to read and review - a lovely place to start as it is morning and the coffee is brewing as with eloquence you share with us a handwritten version of your poem which is something I rarely see anymore, a treat, a treasure, a most delightful treasure I add.

As your words tumble down the pages with expressions of tender sentiment, I am quite caught in awe of the emotion you share with the reader. All I can say is, "Captivating"!

Thank you for sharing part of you with us in our today!!

Sheila



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

10 Years Ago

Sheila - if I may... thank you for pausing with me and for expressing your thoughts. You are ALWAYS.. read more
Sheila Kline

10 Years Ago

Thank you Chris! It would indeed be a pleasure to share a mug of coffee and share ideas, views, opi.. read more
First and foremost, you have excellent penmanship! Like you, I hand write everything; and all of my work is signed, dated, and timed. Secondly, I love the selflessness of this poem, the permeation of "we, us, our" that overrides the singular "me" or "I." So few today seem to get this. While I don't drink coffee, I can certainly appreciate the quietude of both the morning and your words. They speak volumes to the soul.

Linda Marie

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris

10 Years Ago

I didn't expect your visit...and your thoughts are very appreciated. Thank you for pausing with me.
Linda Marie Van Tassell

10 Years Ago

Always. :-)
This was lovely. I liked it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

973 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse