Foreword

Foreword

A Chapter by Chris
"

Writing Poetry for a Marathon

"

“Writing Poetry For A Marathon…”

 

         I believe we poets tend to think of ourselves as sooo unique and yet when we espouse our works, we do so with an inherent vanity toward our own efforts and hence we assume everyone else must know OUR methodology to appreciate the depths we plumb to produce our thoughts.  Many poets also assume other poets follow the same type and depth of work ethic.  Some poets really get lost in their own efforts to effectively “create” and thereafter edit their work.  Others STRESS over word choice, grammar, content, appearance, subject, cohesiveness, word count, form, format, voice, patterns, rhyme, phraseology, timing, quirkiness, academically approved structures, syllabic counting, to name just a few things.  Even time is an entity to be considered.  And lest I forget - spelling and words count - not all words are what the readers/listeners deemed intended.

 

         So how does a Challenge work?  Some one (or a group) places a critical limit on a Poet’s/Author’s creativity, and each poet/author that accepts the Challenge “deals” with the stated issues in a way that complies with whatever the “limitations” may be - or at least tries.  Many different limits can and do seriously impact a Poet’s or Author’s ability to produce work …and I have found “Time” limitations to be among the most absolutely stressful.

 

         The idea of a Challenge Marathon is mainly a Time stressor.  A specific output at specific time checkpoints for the duration of a specified period.  Most voluntary contestants CAN deal - or at least hope so.  The main issue is the contestant who’s work/creativity ethic may be too structured to empower them to modify their regimen or personal limits interfere in unacceptable ways.

 

         I volunteered for the 24 new poems in 24 hours Poetry Marathon.  Completed it.  My methodology IS my strength.  Works with the same name as previous pieces do not count against you - different content.

 

Personally, if any “cares” to view or listen, I am including the 24 here - each with its hour count.  Your thoughts on any or all are appreciated.  You can question via site message if you like - I do answer questions.

 

Chris



© 2023 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tremendous work Chris. Wow, what an accomplishment.

Posted 1 Month Ago


Chris

1 Month Ago

I do hope that after you view a few of the 24, that you still have the same opinion ...chuckling her.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Added on October 3, 2023
Last Updated on October 3, 2023
Tags: CHris, Writing, Poetry


Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing