"Just Friends..."

"Just Friends..."

A Poem by Chris


"Just Friends..."

I whispered your name
today
- again,

and yesterday
- did you feel the air touch your cheek?

I don't know why
I do
whisper
toward you -
still,

but then again
"just friends" do that -

ya know?

Chris

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Say as you like - feel free

"Can't we JUST be FRIENDS..."

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
That was wonderful. Friends are great.
Loved the lines:
I whispered your name
today
- again,

and yesterday
- did you feel the air touch your cheek?

When one is really close to another, seems as though you can actually feel the air touch ones cheek.
This was wonderful and heartfelt, touching. Enjoyed this one

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Just Friens..."
Chris,
Friends. Does it ever really change? The reality and need and continued caring. Under all circumstances. Yes things change and sometimes we have to release and be released but we still remember. Great reminiscence type poem; a pondering considering presence.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

Memories are a dual-edged blade...
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

You described this aspect very well; yes? I always wonder just what, how and etc is within someone, .. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

Is always what it is...sigh.
Yes....they do...beautiful xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


I wonder is this why our hair gets tangled? lovely thought..

Posted 11 Years Ago


to be "friends" is the most important thing.. to remain friends when miles and minutes come between.. is a treasure to be cherished for-ever-er...........

Posted 11 Years Ago


What strikes me most about this one is the longing you can feel stretched out in the spacing. There's almost a stop/start rhythm that makes the whole piece stutter, but eloquently so.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The line we all hate to hear uttered our direction! It never truly is JUST friends...there's always an underlying tremor. It colors everything in view. I loved how you captured the moment - the phrase...short, succinct, real, and accurate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I consider this like an intro piece to a broader subject. It makes it's point succinctly and almost has a Bukowski backhand. I share the sentiment both from the hopeless romantic, and the oblivion of the banality of the intended yet never rendered meaning, "Can't we JUST be FRIENDS...". The words reach out to the "friend" but they only find an echo.
It's my own fault, I can't take people for "face value"...
You got the stuff!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely compact poem....the font is just the right size and the spacing is easy on the eye.
The poet may be referring to a beloved many miles away or maybe right next to him....so close that the whisper touches the cheek as a breath of air would.
Maybe also its to a departed person who cannot speak back but maybe show their presence around his habitat through Nature.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lovely piece:) There is sort of an airy feel to it, very light but not simple at all. I find this interesting because those two elements capture the whole concept of 'just friends'. Meant to be light yet complicated as hell.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

773 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 9, 2011
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Rant..."  Poem "Rant..." Poem

A Poem by Chris


"Dominoes..." "Dominoes..."

A Poem by Chris