"What Makes Me Cry..."

"What Makes Me Cry..."

A Poem by Chris
"

just life

"

"What Makes Me Cry..."

It's a Sunday.  I got to think of - little things, moments ...memories, dreams, wishes.  I thought of people - friends, family ~ and some I never knew well enough and now can't.  Places, that are - that once were... places that never will be anyplace again.  Places to be from and all the whys... all the whys.

All the things that meant - anything, through the time I've had.  And yes I felt the bad and the very, very, worse and then the moments you can't ever measure how good they were.  And I cried... hard ... because I needed to - right then...

...And it was loss and yet it also wasn't.  I lived my life as I could.  Made my choices - accepted what I had to.  I tried and sometimes smiled - sometimes not... and some times couldn't smile or do a thing.

I've been afraid - with and without reason.  Prayed to die ...prayed not too.  Seen and walked from things no one should.  I feel the hurt behind most peoples' eyes because I can, because it seems I always could.  A lot of tears ...fall... quietly in silent days and empty nights.

I remember how to breathe each sunrise... forget each sunset ...and miss the damnedest things - little absolute nothings that meant more than anyone - except me - ever guessed.

"What Makes Me Cry..."

Tears falling helplessly,
A father's pride,
A mother's endless look.

Children realizing tomorrow came,
friends falling forever silent,

sitting on seawalls at 3 AM.

Having not to wish,
always saying hello,
reliving every "Goodbye".

Tears are such little things

that somehow leak from deep within us all
and they always fall for every why there ever will be
endlessly ...one drop at a time to me.

Chris

© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Whips and chainsaws don't require a deposit... dust pans and a broom in the corner for neat freaks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your muse is a exquisite one. I have read this I don't know how many times, but it is beautiful and exquisite. I may repeat words in this review and I ask for forgiveness, but this was something that blew me away and I am still coming back from it all.

Posted 12 Years Ago


With every hello there is too many goodbyes. With every birth, there follows a death. The cycle of life is a balanced, but sometimes unreasonable....


Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay, a big fan of prose, I asked myself why one would write poetry and then you answered my question: brief to the point and powerful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is an amazing description of heartache. But I like it, because it's not oh-woe-is-me-depression, and it shows we're only human. Crying is so hard for me to do, but there are times when I think of all the things you've listed here, and I just really want to feel the little waterfalls. You know, when I think about all the things I should have done differently. All those little "what-ifs". And I just want to FEEL something, to let out emotions, to prove to myself that I am human. So when I want to cry, I think I'll read this, and keep the hopefulness of it in mind.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This tugs at my heartstrings...

Crying is good for the soul... it releases all the anguish, so you can refill your heart. I love the expression of every thought, every cause for pain, every place, that evoked this sadness.

You have connected with the reader on so many levels... This is true Heartache! A Great write Chris!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing, truly artwork.
I sometimes think and wonder, "what if...?" but then I realize... If I'd done this, or that, differently, today wouldve been changed.
And who knows if I'd like that future? If I'd be happily married, as I am now, or partying and clinging to friends who are more shallow than the puddles on the sidewalk I walk right through.
I'm happy with today.
... But that never, ever means, I dont stop wishing for yesterday.
~ Great write, Chris, very thought provoking.

Posted 12 Years Ago


As, usual, you've touched my heart and soul and I DO know exactly what you mean by it all. That is, I guess, my reader's gift to you, my understanding of what you are about. I think this poem spells it out all very clearly and beautifully. A wonderful, truthful, self portrait, exactly as I see AND saw you before I read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very profound indeed and again, i can only state the obvious.. So i'll just surrender to the touch of your words and relive "What makes me cry...".

Posted 12 Years Ago


your talent knows no end..... **tips my lyrical wand to you** I appreciate the depth and rawness. very well expressed indeed!! GREAT PENNING!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You really lay it all out here, don't you? Your inner poet is gifted beyond the polished wordsmithing..this stuff is pure pleasure to read. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

912 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..