Effort

Effort

A Story by Andre
"

a mini-story of two struggles.

"
Getting ready for the day and its time to do my hair routine, it takes me a lot of time and energy to get these naps out of my hair and get it to how I want it into an afro, I have to wash it good with warm water and shampoo, then I have to grab a towel and dry and rinse my hair to get as much water out as I can, then I rub moisturizer in my hair equally all over my head and scalp after I'm done with that I get my pick and start picking out my hair, with every pick of my hair it kinda hurts my scalp but it's necessary to get the job done and get it right, so no complaining with every pick after pick after pick after pick after pick it still kinda hurts but it's getting easier now, now my hair is all picked out, I start forming and styling my hair gently "pat" "pat" "pat" "pat" "pat" all my hair equally into a mini fro, ugh it's finally done, I'm at my first interview of the day everything went good, then I leave and go to my second interview that seems pretty good to, now I'm heading to my third interview that went ok and after my fourth interview I wrap up the day, now the waiting game begins, a day goes by... a week goes by...…a month goes by.... and I'm starting to think none of the four jobs will call me, but I reflect back on that day starting with the struggles of doing my hair, the time, the effort, the energy to get my hair presentable is work, so the same for a job the struggle of getting a job, I didn't give up on my hair I kept going, same with a job I will keep going keep filling out applications and doing interviews, despite the hardships and struggles and things against me I will make it through just like my pick at first, it was hard to get through my nappy curly hair but with perseverance I will make it through. 

© 2021 Andre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on February 2, 2021
Last Updated on February 2, 2021

Author

Andre
Andre

Illinois, USA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
hello! my name is Andre I like to write stories and share with others, writing is not a hobby but it is something I enjoy doing. more..

Writing
Dear nature Dear nature

A Story by Andre


Country Music Country Music

A Story by Andre


Continue Continue

A Story by Andre