Continue

Continue

A Story by Andre
"

a story not traditionally told.

"
Hello, Mr. naz my name is donte a friend recommended you to help me go pro, "please take a sit young man" "so you wanna go pro huh?" Yes sir, "what made you wanna go pro?" Well, I been rowing ever since I can think of and I feel like I'm ready for pro, "I see" " so where do you currently row?" I'm still in high school rowing for my school but Mr.naz I believe I'm ready for pro it's a desire in me to go pro, sir, "ok il tell you what I'm going to do, I want to watch you row first then il get in contact with you" sound like a deal?" Yes sir, " when is your next race?" This Saturday at 2 pm at Lombardi lake, " ok see you there" thank you, sir, few days after donte race Mr. Naz call him and tell him hello, is this donte? Yes sir, this Mr.naz I wanted you to know I was there and I watched you, you are a really good rower, but unfortunately, it gonna take a lot of financial help but it was good to do this and we don't have the funds and I have never seen an African-American row before such a huge risk I'm not willing to take" ok sir I will understand, so donte continue to train and push his self and grinding and working hard, it's his last race of the senior year, and he reaches first place resulting in his school win, after the race, he did an interview and the interviewer asked him, how does it feel to reach first place for your school? Without hesitation he answered, my team, did amazing as a collective effort we did our job and did what we wanted to do and that was to win, after the interview a guy came up to him with a pen and contract and the man said I watched you raced today and I think you ready for pro.

© 2021 Andre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on December 21, 2021
Last Updated on December 21, 2021
Tags: short story, row, rowing, african-american, rower

Author

Andre
Andre

Illinois, USA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
hello! my name is Andre I like to write stories and share with others, writing is not a hobby but it is something I enjoy doing. more..

Writing
Dear nature Dear nature

A Story by Andre


Country Music Country Music

A Story by Andre


Effort Effort

A Story by Andre