Decedent of Salem Chapter One

Decedent of Salem Chapter One

A Story by AndrewS94
"

A young man trying to live his life to the best of his ability, Supernatural abilities that is.

"
The definition of magic is the power of influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces. However, it doesn't say if it is used to influence in a positive or negative way. It depends on the person, their personality, and nature. So naturally, I figured this would be a good place to start my story. Being born in Salem, Massachusetts there was no way of escaping what magic meant. It's hard to talk to people about anything else if they find out that's where you lived. There are always questions like, "Were there really witches?" or "Do you really believe in magic?". Let me stop you right there, just because I came from this location doesn't mean I believe in magic, it's just a strong possibility that it exists. I am simply Jason Whickerman, a person who just wants to move through life and make the best I can with it. There is no point in fame or being popular because the chances of you being remembered after a few years are slim. Haven't you realized that most people don't know half the presidents of the United States or can't even name the fifty states? Trust me, I am one of them, but being the "new thing" isn't all that. I'd rather sit with my little machines and tinker with ideas and inventions, sell them and make a living. Anyway, before I get off track, let me start what I really wanted to tell you about.

The turn of events all started when I was four. Now, I don't remember much but a do remember things like the arguing between my parents. The funny cartoon show on the television what was supposed to block out the noise and my shiny red apple that tasted so good while oblivious to the whole scene behind me. My apple falls and I chase after it, as I turn around to return to my chair there was a sight I will never forget. Floating objects all around the room, everything all silent, slow motion like, as I watch my parents mouths wide open screaming. Scared and confused a stood there looking at them, my mother sees me out of the corner of her eye and immediately stops, the sound fills my ears and the objects drop to the floor. "Honey why don't you go to your room, Mommy and Daddy are talking. I'll be there in a minute to tuck you in."  I walk to my room and close the door, lay in bed and wait for my mother to come in to tuck me in.

Years go by and I'm in high school, transferred to this school a few months ago after getting into a fight with another boy. I got my first girlfriend and everything was going great, we ate lunch together and held hands. We hugged and kissed between every class, but then she comes to me and breaks it off. As she stands surrounded by friends she says that I'm being "distant" and people think I'm "weird", says she needs to think of her image. I go to the school bathroom and lean over the sink looking at myself in the mirror, all I remember thinking is "Why can't I be normal? I'm trying to fit in as much as possible." Anger builds tears form and runs down my face. My heart feels like its breaking so I grip the sink and as I look at myself the mirror cracks into a web, the sink clenched in my hands dissolves into the sand as it slides through my fingers to the ground. Later that day I was called into the principles office and expelled for destruction of school property. Needless to say, my parents were very upset with me, but being in my rebel years I could care less. A few months later my father died of multiple systemic failures. Apparently, most of his body just stopped working during his sleep, it was heartbreaking for my mother and me so we had to move into a smaller home.

Finally, after more years, we have today, modern day, also it happens to be my birthday. Did you get me anything? No? Well, that's rude, come to someone's birthday party with no gift. I don't care if it is a book and just fiction, it's still rude. Anyway, so as I said it is my birthday and I have what little friends I have at my party. I'm twenty-three today and I have a video game/fantasy themed party. We have tournaments, winning gets first dibs at cake and ice cream! Then we have things like LARPing which is fighting with foam weapons and armor, use hacky sacks as spells, etc. I am sitting next to my best friend at the time Eric, his blonde hair and flare for the lifestyle he chooses, you know, the gay one. I don't give him a crap about it, though, we are wingmen for each other. I talk to the guys and throw them his way, he talks to the girls and throws them my way. So as we drink and laugh at the people who can't hold a weapon correctly I see a barrel of what looks like a BB gun over the top of my fence. A pop goes off and I see my brand new 50" Tv screen shatter, I just bought that for this party. I feel the anger build up but after years of therapy I just push it back down, crush it and hold it till it subsides. I walk over to the fence and pulls myself up as I look over to see a small eight-year-old boy hiding with his back to the wall snickering. That anger boils, flares red hot as my hands start burning the fence in front of me. With a light spark, the sleeve of the child's shirt ignited, heat instantly burns the child as he screams out and cries. I let go of the fence, leaving two burned hand prints in the wood, as the child run back to his parents I walk back to Eric with a smile.

Jason sits next to Eric, who is sitting with his legs crossed sipping a margarita, Picks up his drink and downs the rest of it. Eric looks at Jason, "You know that guy over there? Blue team of LARP, dual shields?" Jason looks up for a second, smiles and goes to pour another drink of jack and coke, "Yeah I know him. The name is Steven, big meat head, wants to show off for all five girls that are here."Eric takes another sip, not looking away from Jason, "How long has it been honey? since you, ya know, got any?" Eric lifts an eyebrow with a smirk. "Not as long as you and your b***h a*s. You know I don't swing that way, Eric." With a sigh and a slouch, Eric sinks into his chair, "It's been SO long, Jason. Can't you work anything of that hocus pocus crap on him? You know I'll love you forever!" With cup to his mouth, Jason looks over at Eric who was now doing his puppy dog look. With an eye roll and a final gulp, Jason stands up and slowly walks over to where Steven is hitting people relentlessly with his shields. 

Steven stands alone in a circle of Blue and Red teams backing away from his flailing arms. As Jason comes close he speaks out toward Steven, "You know the point of Larping is to pretend to kill people, not actually do it." With a sudden halt, Steven's attention is pinpointed on Jason, "This is a fun party new kid. I heard it's your day so I'll give you one chance not to catch a shield to the face and walk away." While steven says this Jason is walking over the pile of weapons that you can pick from before fighting. By the time Steven finished his sentence Jason is holding a double-sided ax that needs both hands, " How about a bet. You see my friend over there?" Jason points to Eric as everyone turns to follow his finger, "If I win, you go with him to his thirty minutes of heaven. If you win, ill do all of your class work till you graduate." After some thought and consideration, Steven smiles and nods. Getting low and bashes the shields together as a figurative "come at me" notion. Jason smiles and starts dragging the ax on the ground while steps get longer and faster in order to close the distance between him and Steven. Steven rushes, shields out in front read to ram Jason on his a*s. Suddenly with a whirl and release, Jason throws the ax toward the shields with a large thud with impact. With steven's eyes blocked by shields, Jason slid to take out his legs, causing Steven to fall on his back. Before Steven could sit up Jason had the Axe at his throat for a victory and a large smile on his faces, one filled with pride but there was something in his eyes, something to insinuate that he liked to watch Steven squirm.

Jason releases Steven from the ground and with a hop, skip and jump Eric is there holding onto Steven's arm leading him to the house. The Blue and Red team cheer him and pat him on the back, one person actually brought you a drink. As Jason gave high-fives and hugs to his guests he noticed one of the five women there sitting with her friends smiling at him. He smiled back before everything was interrupted, "Jason Whickerman!!!!" His blood ran cold and the hairs on his neck stood up as he slowly turned around. There stood his mother with the meanest glare and that one vein that pops from her forehead. Everyone freezes and waits for someone to speak.....

© 2017 AndrewS94


Author's Note

AndrewS94
This started out as a dream. it progresses so I figured I'd write it down for other people to enjoy as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 5, 2017
Last Updated on February 16, 2017
Tags: Fiction, Magic, Story, Chapter, Supernatural, Good or Evil

Author

AndrewS94
AndrewS94

Lakewood, OH



About
I am just a average writer who likes to express and get his ideas onto paper or screen. I really like Fiction, Horror, Fantasy and Erotica. more..

Writing