Solemn Goodbye

Solemn Goodbye

A Poem by Risa McCarthy

In this mournful farewell, there are no secrets, no laughter, and no joy; only a memory remains. I ask that you remember not the weak hand that wrote this but the strong soul. I will die knowing that all my sins have been forgiven. My only wish is this: you won’t weep over your losses; instead you will stand tall and remember. While my soul is swept farther away my heart, will for all eternity, stay with the ones I love. There’s so much I still wanted to give to those who love me, but now all I have left to give is a solemn goodbye. There’s so much to live for but too much to die for. I know now that the bond between my soul and this earth will forever be broken. I’m sorry for how cruelly your smiles, full of warmth and light have been turned to tears; but know this and only this: I don not feel the sting of betrayal, the emptiness of abandonment, nor do I see the darkness of fear… I only see the light of being loved and feel the gentle warmth of my many happy memories.

© 2009 Risa McCarthy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's beautiful. I can imagine the "person" who was "writing" it. But I also see you behind the pen. =] Most noticably during the "Strong Soul" line. =D But it's really good. It seems like a self written Eulogy. I thought it was really, really great!
-Love you Mare!,
Ashy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


So uplifting and inspirational, this is the perfect portrait of the optimism I need to take up ahha .This actually reminds me exactly of my piece like this that isn't quiet a poem but isn't quite a story "A Swamp without Water" but like I said... this is way more uplifting and optimistic, it made my heart smile. Thanks for sharing :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 25, 2009
Last Updated on August 25, 2009

Author

Risa McCarthy
Risa McCarthy

NY



About
Okay, first i'd like to say i'm more used to using fanfiction.net and i have four stories published on there (they aren't finished, though) and if any of you want to read them theres a link on this pr.. more..

Writing