A

A

A Chapter by Angie Michelle
"

I have been called every name of the alphabet. Every name has lead me to finding who I am. Just don't know which name is mine. Maybe all, maybe none.

"
"Amber Lynn Jones". That was the first thing I read after I opened my eyes to a bright, white room. All I can smell was faint hand sanitize. Adjusting my eyes I could now see I was in a hospital room and my name on my wrist band. "Amber Lynn Jones, DOB-1992, 12 15, SEX-F, Lovelace Women Hospital Albuquerque, NM". Am I Amber? I must be if they identify me as her. I can feel a headache coming on and as i lifted my hand I found gauze wrapped heavily on my arm. Looking at my self I now figured out why I am here. I must have been in a accident or something. I cant remember anything! One arm is wrapped like a mummy, my other one has big band aids on my arm just under my elbow. Trying to get up to look in a mirror so I can see my face and pain runs through my legs. I move the covers off and my legs have a sew stitches here and there, a over size band aid on my let shin. But on the bright side my feet look okay. Now all I need to do is fight through the pain and go find a bathroom. Looking around I see I have my own room. To my right a window with the blinds clothes and my left a window that has two red chairs angled in towards each other. Right in front of me was a door. That has to be a bathroom. Pulling my self up, I look to my left and found my IV bag on one of those things that looks like a coat hanger on wheels attached to the screen that showed my heart beet it was getting from my finger that was clasped to the thing that gets my pulse. Now that I found a crutch, here comes the hard part. Moving. Grunting my way up, I made it out of bed and heading towards the door. Opening it my hope was confirm. A little pale blue title bathroom with a toilet, tub, sink and mirror. Am I ready to see my self? What if my face is all messed up with horrible wounds that will turn to scares when I'm older? What if its fine and I don't like how I look? Now that I think of it, I don't actually remember what my face looks like. With that thought in mind I turn to the mirror. A slight cut on my left eyebrow, bruise chin, and sunken eyes, I don't look half bad. My eyes are a light brown- almost hazel, heart shape face with caramel hair framing it. My hair has a slight wave, and a bit greasy since I've probably haven't shower since God knows when, that brush my shoulders. Showing my teeth I can see that I didn't have perfectly straight teeth but they weren't bad. My teeth do have a bit of yellow but other wise healthy. Opening my mouth to see if I have anything missing or a cavity and I was all good. Now that is done, I need to figure out what happened. Why am I hear? 
Walking out, I was greeted by a man in a white doctor's coat with a pen in one hand and a clip board in the other. "Ah, Ms. Jones, up now are we," His voice took me by surprise. I didn't his voice to be so deep. He has a baby face that makes him look to be no older than 25 but probably is. His dark skin was clear like glass and had deep brown eyes that had a light sparkle in them. Looking at me he ask "would you like to sit down?" All I can do is nod. I guess I'm shy since i haven't said anything yet. But yet again, I have really have no idea what is going on or what has happen so I guess that would make anyone not want to talk until someone actually gives them information that would lead them to ask questions and find out what ever they want to know. I make my way to the bed and sat down. He rewarded me with a nice, white smile that was almost as bright as the lights. Pulling a chair next to the bed and clicked his pen he looks down at the paper. Going over it and flipping it up to discover another paper. After a few scratches from the pen he looks up and ask, "how do you feel?"
How do I feel?  That is the first thing he wants to ask me is how do I feel? "Uh," My voice was a little scratchy and low. I don't know if he even heard me. "I'm okay, I'm just-" 
"Just what", he ask while crossing his legs and leaning back in his chair. How do I explain to a total stranger how I feel? I'm not even clear on that at the moment. "Well, I guess for starters I'm in a bit of pain." He began to write what I am guessing is what I say. "On a stale from one to ten how bad is it with ten being the worst." 
"I guess, a three. If I move my legs about six to seven." 
"Hmm," he said while writing down my words. I felt kind of stupid telling this guy who my pain was. I don't even know if he is a real doctor. "I'm sorry, but who are you" I finally asked after a moment of just watching him take what I'm guessing are notes. "Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Dr. Hawkins. My team and I have been taking care of you since you've arrive."
"Uh-huh, and when exactly is that?" He gave me a bit of a sad but serious face before he answered me. "You have been in a coma for ten days. The only time you were awake is when the morphine wore off and we had to put you under. That was about three days ago." What? I've been unconscious for ten freaking days!? He's expression went even more blue then before. I'm sure my expression is the one to cause that. "What, what happened," I asked with confusion poring out of each word. "We are not quite sure. We were hoping you would be able to tell us that. What we do know is that you were in a terrible accident, of what we don't know that part either, and was dropped off here. We don't know by who. A doctor coming in for their shift found you. You had a gun wound in your right arm", he pointed with his pain to my arm that was wrapped in gaze, "what appears to be road burn on your leg", pointing to my wrapped leg," and lastly all the deep wounds that we had to stitched and band aid." A silence came unto us while I'm trying to take this all in. Part of me wants t yell, another wants to cry, and to be completely honest the other part of me is starving. But if I eat something tells me that I wont hold it down. He cleared is throat and asked "Do you remember anything of that night?" Shaking my head 'no' and looking down. So many things are going though my head. Why cant I remember anything!? "Well," he said as he started moving from his seat, " If you need anything hit the nurse call button. Its on the remote for the bed. Someone will come and deliver you food shortly." Listening to him leave the room and just before he close my door I got up the nerve to ask the dreaded question I know is going to lead me to more questions by him and his team later. "Dr. Hawkins, if you don't know who left me here, how do you know my name is Amber Lynn Jones?" I don't want to see his face from asking the question, keeping my eyes on the floor. "Do you don't know your name?" Shaking my head no once more he continued, "We found an ID on you before you went into the ER".
"I see, thank you." With that the door shut. 


© 2015 Angie Michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015


Author

Angie Michelle
Angie Michelle

Albuquerque, NM



About
Born in Albuquerque, NM and is still currently living there. A member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If there is anything you should know about me is that once i set my mind to so.. more..

Writing