Chapter 1: Mr. Arrogant

Chapter 1: Mr. Arrogant

A Chapter by AngiePartain

Chapter 1: Meeting Mr. Arrogant

 

 

            “S**t! S**t! S**t!” Was all that was running through my mind. The next thing I knew I was on my butt with food all over my head and clothes. I gave him a “You’re-gonna-pay-for-this” look. The whole cafeteria was looking at me, stared for a few seconds then laughed, oh the humiliation.

            No scratch that, don’t mind the humiliation just the food! I got my favorite lasagne for goodness sake!

“Are you okay?” Dustin asks. I just looked at him with disbelief.

“Do I look like I’m okay?” There was an exchange of “ohh’s” and laughter from his friends.

            Oh, he is totally going to pay for this. Not quite a great start for the week actually but that’s how I, Primrose Mirabelle Thorne got to meet with the school’s bad boy, Dustin Evans. Let me tell you a little about me, I am not exactly the type of person you would want to run into. Not that I’m a nerd nor Ms. Popular. See I am more than that, I’m actually a princess from a beautiful kingdom called Cimeropia, located at the far west of the globe.  It sounds weird right? But believe me, people there are just as normal as everyone else here in the Philippines. You might be wondering why have I travelled so far away from home. Well, a few years back when I was still 13 years old, Cimeropia had a war between another kingdom. My mom, the queen, wanted both me and my brother to be safe. So she talked to one of our secret agents to take care of me while I stay with him in the Philippines.


            My brother? I’m not sure where he has sent but I’m sure he was safe. Mom and dad had to stay behind to guard safe the kingdom and protect the people. See, I am heir to the throne. The crown would be passed on to me once I get to be 18.

            Here in the Philippines, I am taught to blend in. I am not a princess here, I am an ordinary teenager who has no sense of fashion and is overly smart. And yes, I am not allowed to use my real name since blending in is the main thing. I am Rose Gomez. Right now, I am in my junior year of high school. Black hair and big brown eyes is what I show people but behind that wig and contacts is a blue eyed, curly haired blonde though my roots are naturally brunette which totally rocks. I get real high grades and very few friends, I want to keep my identity hidden as much as possible, which explains why I hated the attention.



“I can’t believe what kind of person he is! Or is he even one!” I complained as I was taking a shower.

“Well, we all know Dustin Evans...” Laura sighed.

“Yeah, that arrogant Mr. Go getter’s gonna pay for this.”  I growled.



            Laura Diego is my best friend ever since I got here. She knows me being a princess in my real world. It was somewhat awkward especially the first time we met, she immediately recognized me being a princess. I don’t blame her though, I still wasn’t used to the word “blending in.” I once was still going out with blue eyes but dyed my hair brown. She approached me with glinting eyes.

“are you prin�"“ I covered her mouth before she could say the word. I looked around if anyone might have heard it.



“What?” I asked.

“It’s practically obvious especially how your blue eyes sparkle in the sun your majesty.” She tries to curtsy before me but I grab her by the arms before she does so.

“Please, don’t. I am not a princess here. Treat me just as your best friend and nothing more. Can you keep it a secret? Just me and you?” She nods and holds out her pinkie finger.

“I promise.”



            I walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body. Thank God for having shower rooms! I grabbed a pair of skin-tight jeans and a black shirt that reads, “Roar as one” in a bright yellow font. I got it from my ex boyfriend.

            Yes, as a normal teenager I’m allowed to have boyfriends. But of course, I got a few rules on that like, none of them should know I’m a princess. I don’t exactly get down to business with those kinds of people. I just like to enjoy, YOLO (You Only Live Once) as they say. Sure I enjoy the pleasures of being a princess, the royalty, the respect, the things you get when you want it, practically everything! But being a princess is not all that. You think it’s fun being in the castle probably reading tons of books on how to be a princess, how to handle this and that, baking, painting, swimming, even martial arts! Sure, that’s fun but being locked up in a castle for 9 years of your life doing entirely that and just that, now that’s something you want to escape from.



© 2014 AngiePartain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on September 24, 2014
Last Updated on September 24, 2014
Tags: love, love story, teen fiction, teen


Author

AngiePartain
AngiePartain

Baguio City, CAR, Philippines



About
I'm Angie Partain, a Filipino-American young lady aged 16. I have this HUGE passion for writing and I would like to know more about it, how can I improve. :) more..

Writing
Chapter 3: Chapter 3:

A Chapter by AngiePartain