The Beautiful Morning

The Beautiful Morning

A Chapter by FayteX

          My Ugly Yet Beautiful World          

“What do you want to do when you grow up?”

“I… “

“Do you think you’re important?”

“Um…”

“Where do you think you belong?”

“Somewh-”

“Does anything in life matter to you?”

“Ye-”

“Don’t be so selfish. You only think for yourself.”

“But-”

“You are a... “

The smell of sizzling bacon wafted through the darkness of a dream. The homely aroma disrupting the voice talking down on me, and soon, with a blur, the nightmare was broken.

My eyes focused and right away, the familiar sight of the white ceiling greeted me. Illuminated by the morning light that shone through the windows. The sound of sizzling and popping could be heard to the left of me, bluebirds chirping to the right. Their singsong tweets and telltale signs had me estimating it was about 6:30 in the morning.

The familiar softness of the couch cushions supported my body, while my the back head was buried into a soft pillow. My black bangs hanging over my eyes like a hat. I felt so lazy, so content, so… warm. That was probably thanks to the yellow patched blanket sprawled out over my body.

With the vigor of my age of 21, I swung my legs over the edge of the couch and groaned. My head still hurt and the sun in my eyes didn’t help. Thinking it will help, I brought my right hand up to my forehead, spreading my middle finger and thumb across the span of my forehead and rubbed my temples. A sigh escaping my lips as I took a few moments to wake up.

With a snap from behind me, and the sounds of sizzling dying out, I realized then and there that breakfast was done. Another yawned escaped from my mouth. Standing up and turning around, the scenery shifted from a window and a television to a small kitchen, with just counters, a bar, a stove, sink, mini fridge, and cupboard. But the most scenic thing there was a girl.

The lighting from the sun didn’t reach into the kitchen so it was still slightly dark, but the lighting did more to shy away her looks. She wore grey joggers with loose bottoms and a matching black hoodie. Her sleeves were rolled up to her elbows, exposing more of her creamy, fair skin. Her long straight black hair that usually dropped to her lower back was tied up into a neat ponytail, and when she turned around with a plate of smoking hot bacon, her front was covered by a white apron. Her adorably shy face with low hanging bangs and thin framed glasses complimented her sky blue eyes. Concentrated on not dropping a single piece of bacon, she transported the thin pork strips from the pan, to the counter. Touchdown.

Making my way to the kitchen bar counter and stretching out my legs, a smile appeared on my face as I sat on the stool placed next to the bar and crossed my arms on the counter, leaning forward. “Morning beautiful.” I greeted the girl.

She looked up, and for a moment, I got lost in those blue eyes of hers. Because her own eyes were just like mine. A shy blush appeared at her cheeks, joined by a giggle. From there, a smile on her face matched my own. “Good morning Evan.”

Bianca. My dearest sister. My beautiful sister. My precious, precious cinnamon roll. I must say, if there was a reason I live, it was because of her. Something so amazingly perfect born into a world so filthy. She was my treasure, she is my world, she is the love of my life.

Her eyes studied my sleepy face, and she reached over and fixed my bangs so they weren’t in my eyes. With another sweet smile she said “Breakfast’s ready. You can serve yourself.” Ah yes… her delicious breakfast.

With food in mind, I took an empty black plate and stacked it with two eggs, three pieces of bacon, and a slightly burnt toast. I returned to my stool and placed my plate on the counter, a fork in hand as I dug into the eggs first. Bianca had already made her plate and was sitting beside me, eating up before she had to depart. Speaking of which, I checked my phone for the time, pressing the lock button, the screen glowed to life, revealing the lock screen picture, which was of myself with three other girls, and the time, which read 6:45 AM. Thankfully Bianca wasn’t due for school until 8 AM.

I swiped my finger over the unlock button and the fingerprint took, opening up my phone and revealing the home screen, which had of course, a picture of Bianca and I, she was snuggly fit in my embrace from behind, a picture our last foster family took of us. Seeing the fond memory, I closed my phone and placed it face down on the counter.

“You know Evan… You look really suspicious when you look down at your phone and smile. Don’t tell me you’re looking at something naughty!” Bianca gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. The amusement of a joke on her lips.

“Such a joker Bianca. As a matter of fact, It was a picture of you that made me smile like this anyways.” I retorted. Surely it was truth but she has never seen it herself.

“Such a joker Evan.” She repeated my words. With a sigh of defeat I shook my head and continued to eat my breakfast. Sure enough, my sister finished first. Taking her plate and moving around the bar to drop it off in the sink. Once that task was done, she headed into her room to ready up for school.

Today, I didn’t really have much planned. I figured I’d go pick up some groceries, stop by at the mall, kill time until 2:00 PM when I can go pick up my sister from school.

Finishing up my food, I placed it into the sink and flipped the faucet on, the water flowing out of the tap. Soapy sponge in hand I got to work washing the plates, it was the least I could do considering my sister cooked me breakfast. Soon after I was already placing the dishes on the drying rack. With that I was ready to get dressed.

I headed back into the living room and began to slip out of my old clothes that I slept in. Unbuttoning my white long sleeve, a lipstick kiss mark on the collar. Under that, I removed my tank top. Taking a stop to look down at my body. Sure, I wasn’t fat, but I did well to keep in shape which is especially important for my job. Undid my brown leather pants and matching khaki slacks, and slipped my socks off. Then off came my boxers, and I was fully naked in the apartment room. Taking a suitcase out from the corner of the room, I unzipped it and lifted the flap, revealing my clothes. Taking out a fresh green T-shirt with a single yellow stripe running horizontally through the chest, a new pair of boxers, and straight jeans. I also took out a pair of black socks. With clothes in hand, I took my time putting them on.

By the time I was done, it was already 7:12 AM. Bianca would be coming out soon. So I headed into the bathroom to freshen up. Splashing my face with water and applying toothpaste to brush, cleaning my teeth to get the taste of booze off my breath. A knock on the bathroom door signaled that it was Bianca’s turn. I complied and spit into the sink, opening the door and looking down at my sister, who was clad in her usual black pencil skirt, white dress shirt and blazer nearby. She was just tying up her hair into a bun. A shame really, I loved her hair down.

With her business look complete, and her face all touched up with makeup, I couldn’t help but feel proud of her. Not that I did anything about it. She looked so mature, she even slipped on fake glasses just to give her that ‘I’m your boss’ look. She does this every so often for a business class she’s taking in school.

“I’ll be in the car Bianca.” I warned her about the time. I made my way out of the apartment and into the hallway. The elevator wasn’t far, only about 3 doors down. So I pressed the button and got in. The steel box hummed with life as it was lowered down the shaft into the parking garage under the complex. With a ding, the steel doors slipped open from the machine and I made my way to my parking space.

My car wasn’t anything special, just a regular Accord with a silver coat. I got in and turned on the car, idling it as I sat back in the leather seat. My right hand slowly slid over the leather gear stick as my left hand rested on the wheel. I liked this car, but I hope to be able to take Bianca out on a ride in my work car.

It wasn’t until about 7:45 when the passenger door opened. In went a backpack, and an adorable senior student after it. Bianca gave a sigh of relaxation as she got comfortable. Without words, I knew what she wanted. It was habit, or rather, our little family tradition. I grabbed the black wire and handed it to her. With a smile and a gracious nod, she took the Aux cord. With that, I put the car in drive, and made my way to the exit.



© 2016 FayteX


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on August 23, 2016
Last Updated on August 23, 2016
Tags: Romance, Mature, Drama, Slice of Life


Author

FayteX
FayteX

A Se-ce-ret!, HI



About
Hey there! Allison here :P silly lol, I live eat, sleep, breathe, and think of Negitoro. Well if u don't know me, I was better known as the Anime Masta >w< for my amazing love of Anime (And Negitoro)!.. more..

Writing