My Mad Mad Poem

My Mad Mad Poem

A Poem by Anissa Kessel
"

This poem is inspired by a darker version of the Cheshire Cat.

"
It's in the air. It's all around us. It's behind you. Don't turn around. Don't let it bite. You'll never hear it's whispers again. Look up! We never heard of you again and again and again and again. The eye is watching. The teeth are dripping. We all have our secrets below us.
Ring around, ring around till you drop of sadness. Why are you still in the pit of madness. 
Wake up, wake up, wake up till you scream. Look at your window and see the eyes of fright. 
Why are you still here? What have you done? He's watching you. He knows you did.
He's coming and coming and running and running and running faster and faster and faster. 
Don't look to your left and don't look to your right. 
Oh no! You blinked, you blinked, you blinked, you blinked! It's too late. He's already here. 

© 2020 Anissa Kessel


Author's Note

Anissa Kessel
Please let me know what you think of my poem. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

33 Views
Added on April 17, 2020
Last Updated on April 17, 2020
Tags: poem, dark, cheshire cat, retelling, dark disney

Author

Anissa Kessel
Anissa Kessel

About
My name is Anissa. I am 22 years old. I am going to school to become a screenwriter and director.My favorite film is The Lost Boys and my favorite book is IT by Stephen King. Stephen King is my hero a.. more..

Writing