1

1

A Chapter by Anjan
"

Ariel's parents are deeply depressed when they learn that Ariel is returning from Harvard.But they r not surprised since she has been a troublesome child always.

"
"Mrs Ariel , y are u leaving Harvard?
"Is something wrong there?"
"You got yourself into Harvard at this young age and what possibly could happen to discontinue it?"
She pushed her way through the crowd of the reporters.
"is Harvard too much for u?"
"Sir , Is your daughter sick? " "Or  mentally challenged?"
"Mrs Ariel" 
She slammed the car door shut .now that the voices turned faint, she could breathe again.
"Sour.. say....."  "i..t... rue.. at..."
The voices now completely stopped.
How could people be such stupid?How is it any of their business what I do?My life my choice.
    
But she couldn't blame them really.There were many times she could not understand people behavior.People often ask her how is it to be a genius.That was the most ridiculous question she has ever heard.She couldn't understand how being a genius is different.Even if it is  how could she know the difference if she never had been not a genius. She never hesitated to point out their mistakes.For her , it was a favor. By pointing out the mistakes , she was raising them up.But she realized she should point them out on TV. of course in the hard way.She often hates the word  genius.Just because she got into Harvard at an age of 13 doesn't mean that she is genius.Even if she is , she found nothing abnormal about it.
"Are you ready to talk about it?"her father interrupted
"I think I have  already made myself clear."Her voice was sharp for a 14 year old.
"Not about the past.We need to speak about the future."
The car gained momentum.
"Lets go home first.I am tired"she said.Both of them knew her voice didn't sound tired.
She rested her head back and peacefully closed her eyes.

Her feet were cold.They started to become numb.She was walking merely to avoid the cold burn her body.It was a large glacier beneath her feet.Suddenly she heard a large crackling sound beneath her.Cracks appeared all over the glacier.The white started to collapse.The ice beneath her was falling like a house of cards.She ran and rand and finally ran out of the air.The low pressure  choked her more.Suddenly she saw a huge creature with the body of lion and a human head.Its body was shining white which is even more frightening.Suddenly she stopped and the inertia kicked her.She fell and rolled through a distance and finally came to a halt.On one side the ice was collapsing , on the other side the sphinx was advancing towards her.Her body felt numb.She could not move.Her heart beat rose. Adrenaline flushed.She closed her eyes hard.She hid her face behind her eyes closing her firsts hard.Suddenly she a jerk pushed her front and she opened her eyes to see herself in the car.Yes , Harvard.Home.  she thought.In a few minutes she will be home.The thought made her very happy.Finally she was outta there.

They reached home rather early than expected.As soon as the car stopped she ran out of the car into her room and threw herself on the bed.Her room is one place where she would feel utmost comfortable.The room for her is very much private.No one ever enters her room without her permission with she seldom gives.For her coming into the room unannounced is like watching her naked.Her room is a spacious one which was initially pink , then yellow and finally made violet.Now it stands at a corner of the house secluded from everything.If someone wants to come in they have to knock it twice and if she is interested she opens the door , if she is not , there is no possible way to get in.

This time she was aware she dint close the door.That definitely meant anyone can come.And she wanted them to.She was tired of telling everyone about y she wanted to return from Harvard.She wanted to end this,once n for all.

Her father first stood at the door."Can v have a talk?"
She had been preparing fr this from a week.She wrote a speech tht doesnt make her luk  arrogant and volatile.
"Yeah,Sure.Ill be right there"

She narrated the speech one more time to herself and went into their drawing room where her parents , her aunt were sitting.Apparently her brother was in his room.
All of them were siting on the sofa and left the central place fr her
"Come here Ariel"her aunt motioned towards the empty seat.She sat down hesitatingly.
"I know u all are upset with me but i am assuring u "
"Ariel." "We r not at all upset.We are just worried.All v want is ur happiness.We are happy to go to great lengths if that makes u happy.We just want u to know tht no matter what we will be there for u."Her aunt said as if she meant each and evry word of it. Thts the reason she likes her very much.
"Why I left the collage is"
"Baby , v know and v understand"
"But the last time"
"It was then.Now we totally  understand"
"So Y did u call me then?"
"To tell u this and there is something elz"her father said.
"What?"
Her father looked at his mother who turned to her sister who in turn avoided her eyes.They couldn't decide how to tell her.
"What?Dad tell me whats going on"
"Sweety , i just want u to know that we love u and no matter wat.."
"Cut the crap father,Now I get it.U think em crazy dont u ?I am not.I am a girl with an IQ of.."
"Ariel.No.Thts nt wt we thought.We think u r disturbed by the recent turn of events which is too much for u.Its just post traumatic Stress. "
"Dad , I know science."
"Yes u do.But I think u r not having an open mind about this."
"Dad , I just left Harvard.Give me time"
"Sweety , I think we can help u"her aunt assured pressing her shoulder.
"No em not coming to a stupid psychologist"she yelled.
"Ariel,its not what it luks like"
"I do know wat it means Aunt"
"Ariel just.."
"Let me finish aunt.I just left Harvard after months of misery and pain.I want this to end atleast now.And no.I am not crazy."
"No one said u r crazy,honey "
"Mom ,i still dont understand whats wrong with me.I just left harvard thats it rite.And I need some time."
"Ariel , we understand u."her father spoke but his tone said he was bewildered."If u do not want to go see a psychologist its totally okay with us.Now tell me what exactly are u planning to do?"
"Dad , Em done with Harvard.I wanna explore other things in life"
"Other things like?"
"I don't know ,  like art,music or something.Harvard stopped fascinating me.I want to find my fascination again"She was too much straight fr a 17 year old.
"How are u planning to do that?"her father asked
"I don't know"she said that with such a confidence that her father was almost convinced that she can make her way anyway
"Is there any possible way u can do that by attending a new collage here?"
"What?"she was surprised.She sure never expected this."Me going high school ?"
"Thtas not a bad idea is it?Anyway u r far beyond collage.So u need not worry over that should u ?"
"yeah but"she couldn't say no bcz deep inside even she liked the idea.
"I think , Ariel , u need to b normal.We decided thts better for u because u spent ur entire childhood learrning languages , maths and science.Now tht u r a teen ur preferences change.All u need is a good teenage Ariel.U cant miss it."he said.
"Thats it?"she tried to hide her sheepish smile.
"So u liked it"her mom asked.
"Probably"she said.One thing with her is that she would never accept that she likes something.She always hides her emotions that makes her rather difficult to read.being unreadable is , for her, her greatest advantage in manipulating people.Yeah , manipulation , she is very good at it.She can always get her way with anyone anytime. 
"So are we done?"she asked
"Of course yes"
She went into her room and locked the door.She threw herself on her pink bed.She unbuttoned her black shirt she has been wearing all day long.She took it off and clutched it firmly against her chest.The cool breeze from her north  eastern window sedated her. 


© 2015 Anjan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
s
Interesting beginning... can't help but wonder if Plath's body of work was an inspiration for the name "Ariel." Looking forward to reading more. X

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anjan

8 Years Ago

Actually I never heard of the name.But I luv Ayn Rand.Thank u for the review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 1, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015


Author

Anjan
Anjan

Writing
The begining The begining

A Chapter by Anjan


Nexus Nexus

A Book by Anjan