From an intern to one of the best iPad application developer

From an intern to one of the best iPad application developer

A Story by Anna Brian

There was a time when I was learning the iPad application development in one of the world’s top iPad app development company. The incident which I am about to describe turned me into one of the best iPad application developers within the company.

So, where to start? Ok, I was an intern hired by the company for a reasonable stipend and free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I used to work 8-12 hours a day. My work was to write short pieces of code in objective-c or C# for a team assigned for developing apps for iPads. I was good at it. Usually these small snippets of codes which I used to write, were kind of reprieve for company’s best iPad application developers, so that they can put their backs into more complex problems in the iPad application development process.

One day, when I was sitting idle, after completing the usual tasks and playing Sudoku, I received a rather complex problem in an official email. At first, I thought it was a mistake as I was not supposed to work on larger or complex problems, but then again, I was idle, so I thought to give it a try. I tried my hands on it and soon found myself helpless. So, I asked two different colleagues sitting on my left and right to help me out. They were not interns like me, but they were relatively new in the iPad application development. We were supposed to solve a complex problem for an iPad app for business.

After a couple of hours, we were not able to solve that problem which was part of an iPad app for business. The idea was simple yet it took us eight hours to write a piece of code that could solve that problem, still that was not neat. However, those lines defined our career as an iPad app developer.

That solution was later on checked and verified by the best iPad application developers in our company. Once they approved it as a working and a suitable solution to the problem within that iPad app for business, we were officially offered a full time job within one of the top iPad app development company.

I left that company after a couple of year and joined another top iPad app development company, but it was the confidence, effort and skills which later on defined my career as one of the best iPad application developers within our company, I got all those things from the solution I wrote in eight hours.

© 2014 Anna Brian


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Anna Brian
Anna Brian

Fremont, CA



About
I am a web editor and blog writer by profession and an avid reader by passion. I am a computer science graduate who loves to keep an eye on the forefront of the technology. This way I keep learning ne.. more..

Writing