Chapter 1-Preparations.

Chapter 1-Preparations.

A Chapter by Anne van der Heijden
"

please keep in mind that English is a second learned language, so it may contain grammar mistakes.

"

I tilt my head towards the right when i hear someone calling out my name, It was Ares.

“Athena!, I need to speak with you immediately.”

“Is it really important Ares? As i certainly have better things to do right now.” I answered.

His face had a concerned expression, not one you would see a lot.

“Athena, there have been some rumors going around lately.”

“Oh is that so? Word travels fast here it seems, what’s being said?”

“That you are planning to go to earth, Are you out of your mind?”

“My..my, no trust at all, at least the rumors don’t contain lies.” I answered while i smirked.

“Are you kidding me Athena? That is the most stupid thing i have ever heard, tell me for what possible reason you would wish to go there?”

I turned my head away as i whistled for my mythical creature, Mirdir the owl. My wise companion who would always remain at my side. He came as soon as i needed his aid, or when i simply wanted him to be in my presence. As the owl landed on my shoulder, i turned my head back to Ares.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know in what critical state the earth is at this moment?” i asked.

“I do know Athena, but that is not a matter for gods to worry about, you would go against a lot of rules.” He shook his head.

“Are you telling me i have always been someone who follows rules obediently? You know me better than that Ares, You know better than anyone else that if the gods don’t step in now humanity is doomed.”

Ares remained silent and averted his eyes.

“Ares, this is not what we created humanity for, not for them to just vanish by some mistakes they made.” My eyes looked at him with a fierce expression.

“exactly, a mistake Athena it is their own fault, they should learn from their mistakes.”

“Oh please, if it really was their fault i wouldn't be so concerned, i might notice you then the cause of their mistakes is not because of their stupidity, it is because a sinister power has appeared.”

I stood up, and laid my long blonde hair over my shoulders.

“Sinister power?” Ares asked with a surprised tone.

“It seems that, that news doesn't travel as far as mine did now does it? Ofcourse they would like to keep it silent.”

“How come you know of this Athena?”

“I keep a close eye on earth, i always do it’s became rather interesting.” I whispered something in Mirdir’s ear and the owl flew away immediately.

“Athena, is this sinister power the cause of humanity dying out?”

“it is indeed Ares, care to join me and check it out?”

Ares had gone silent, and turned his back towards me.

“Never knew you were that much of a coward Ares.” I said calmly.

“Don’t spout nonsense Athena, meet me later i’ll gather some people to join us.” He walked into a cloud and disappeared. I smirked and also vanished from sight.



© 2013 Anne van der Heijden


Author's Note

Anne van der Heijden
first part, more will be added soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013


Author

Anne van der Heijden
Anne van der Heijden

Helmond, -, Netherlands



About
Hi! i'm Anne i'm 17 years old an i love writing a lot. my favorite genre is fantasy :) i also love drawing and playing the piano a lot. more..

Writing