words pt 2

words pt 2

A Poem by Anon1020

Words can be boring, words can be numb and lifeless, they have the ability to drone on forever, meaningless. Apologies from that person that destroyed you, no amount of words seem sincere anymore, they took everything you stood for and placed a tiny bandage over it that went by the name of “sorry.” Words fill the space, the air, the silence…They can get so jumbled, they start to choke you. Words inundate the brain; they cannot save you. I think its hard for me to say things out loud, not because I am shy or antisocial, but because I am scared of what I will say. I tiptoe, I must be careful. I do not like the rawness of words sometimes. It feels like saying them out loud makes me not me anymore, like the word or feeling will be stripped away from my body if I put it out into the surrounding air. I do not want to let them sink into anyone either, weighing on their subconscious. They cannot afford the pain, but as for me, s**t I have been walking around with them for years. Its like they sickly belong to me, they are an extension, I am terrified to lose them, no matter the way they make me ill. They are mine; they dance around my brain and the walls of my body.

© 2021 Anon1020


Author's Note

Anon1020
i have an attachment to words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

After reading this one, I have to say I prefer part one. Sometimes, fewer words can be more eloquent than many. In fact, excess wordiness can often turn the reader off. Part 1 is brief, but it makes the reader want to know more about the speaker. Especially the last line; it makes me wonder why someone would say words can't save you. Part 2, while giving more information, comes across like a confession, or like someone telling their problems to a shrink. My advice would be to condense the meaning you wish to convey and then put it in a few lines, as in part one. Hope this helps.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Anon1020

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on December 27, 2021
Last Updated on December 27, 2021

Author

Anon1020
Anon1020

Writing
if u if u

A Poem by Anon1020


Drenched Drenched

A Poem by Anon1020


words words

A Poem by Anon1020