Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

A Chapter by Aria

Beautiful Girl

 

“Don’t be afraid, Haven. I’m only here to talk with you.”

“Go on dear. Dr. Harper has been waiting a long time to meet you.” Both ladies were incredibly anxious for me to walk through that door. Even at age five I knew how important that entrance was. After a moment, I looked up to Sister Mary Clementine’s face as she smiled down at me. Then, I let go of her hand and walked inside the room that would change my entire life. But I was never alive. Not truly…

I shut my eyes and played the twenty year old memory for the mere sake that I was simply able to.

“Thank you for coming to speak with me, Haven. I’m Dr. Harper but you can call me by my first name, Victoria.” The gold of her hair was hidden within the dimly lit room but the green of her eyes sparkled. Back then I thought she was an angel because human eyes don’t sparkle like stars. Fast forward a few years and her shiny irises were simply tear-filled eyes. It would take me a few more years to fully understand why Dr. Victoria Anne Harper nearly wept when she first met me.

“Hello, Victoria.” She laughed and I clutched my white dress. My bangs were growing out so my fidgeting fingers kept brushing them away. This behavior intrigued my doctor friend. Back then, five year old me just thought I was doing something wrong.

“Haven Monroe. It truly is an honor child.” A pause introduced itself so that she would compose herself while I only wondered when I could scarf down the ice cream that was promised to me. “I want you to know that you may talk to me; ask me questions about anything, anytime.” The honorable Haven Monroe smiled at the enchanted doctor. “Can you tell me how you came to live here, Haven?”

“God sent me an angel. That’s what Sister Clementine told me.”

“Is that what you believe?”

“It’s what I was told.”

“Do you believe it, Haven?” I remember the shift in the room. It was sharp. Yet, even then I was aware of her intentions. She knew, more so than I, that it wasn’t an angel sent from God that brought me to the steps of the church-run orphanage. So what did bring me to good old Hoyelton Ministries?

“No.”

“Good.”

The knocking isn’t part of this memory. “Come in.” I didn’t bother straightening up from my bed.

“You ready?”

“Do I not look ready?”

“You want me to answer that?”

“What’s up your a*s? Farrah not give you any last night?” I stood with those words and walked past Jonah. His pretty boy face was not amused. Neither was his unusually out of place sandy blonde hair.

“We got a package.” His voice trailed behind me for a second and then his leather soled feet were in sync with mine.

“Ya don’t say.”  



© 2012 Aria


Author's Note

Aria
chapters not finished. just wanted some feedback. thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on February 29, 2012
Last Updated on February 29, 2012


Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria