The tree

The tree

A Story by Anotherteenager

There was once a broken tree. It was small. Maybe a year old. And it couldn't support itself. It was leaning on its own for it was alone. One day a man walked by on his way home and stopped to look at the tree. He could see behind its broken branches and dead leaves that it was beautiful. So he decided to help the tree. He put down his bags and got to work without any hesitation. He straightened up and gave it support. He watered it with honesty and bathed it in his company. Day by day, the tree came to life. Trees don't grow in a day it he didn't care because he was going to help it grow. He saw the beauty before anyone could imagine that it was still alive. The man spent a his time on the tree. Never once did he go home. He stayed with the tree all day and all night. The man became hungry for he had not gone home. He was a very hungry man, hungrier than the average person, but he didn't want to ask it for food because he wanted it to grow faster, he could wait. But this tree had fruit. To him it was the most delicious looking fruit he had ever seen. He was hungry but he would not ask the tree for food. The tree became strong and could stand by itself but the man had become weak. He was starving now. He needed to lean on he tree go stand up. The tree dropped him a nut once a month. The man was dying. But the tree was still growing. The tree had fruit and had shade but refused to share it with the man. The mans home was sold and he didn't receive any money. All the man had was the tree. The tree was tall now and towered above the other trees. The other trees reached out for the bigger tree for they now saw the beauty. They did not see the man. The man watched as the tree embraced the other trees eagerly. The man was happy for the tree. But he was dying. The tree knew this. The tree didn't need the man anymore. The man needed the tree. He needed the fruit now. He didn't just want it. He needed it. The tree didn't give it to him. The man couldn't force the tree to do anything. He wouldn't reach up and pull. He wouldn't shake the tree. He lied there and watched. He knew he was starving. He knew he was dying. But all he had was the tree. All he needed was the tree. But the tree didn't need the man.

© 2015 Anotherteenager


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015

Author

Anotherteenager
Anotherteenager

CA



About
I'm in love with a girl who feels the same. more..

Writing