A Window Into My Mind

A Window Into My Mind

A Poem by AAmell
"

The ending section from a Journal Entry of mine, dated October 2, 2014

"

I’m never alone anymore, and my poetic side gets voiced aloud rather than on paper. I’m living more than writing now, which I guess is important. There’s a side of me that I hope will never die. The side that wrote Christmas Cheer next to a burning candle on a cold, cloudy night. The side that writes to my unborn son and brings tears to my sister’s eyes with those words. The side that desperately desires to find the inner determination to put pencil to paper and create an immortal conversation. This side of me so clear and present yet still so young, burning with desire to make a change, open a dialogue, and show people the thoughts in my brain. This Everlasting love of wisdom and nature is deep beneath my rib cage, beating and pushing, trying to get out to see it all, hear it all, and feel it all. What words can I possibly write to the world to make it understand me? I’m trying to reach into the future with my words and to talk to everyone in time. Will they listen? Will they sit down with me and hear my voice? I’ve got to try.

© 2016 AAmell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on November 4, 2016
Last Updated on November 4, 2016
Tags: journal, stream of consciousness, writing, write, poetry, prose poem

Author

AAmell
AAmell

YUCAIPA, CA



About
I'm 25 years old, have been married for over 1 year now, have a 2 year old son, am going to school full time for English: Linguistics, and work full time as the sole source of income for my family at .. more..

Writing