Many New Friends

Many New Friends

A Chapter by AnthonyP

A little winged creature flew up as if from nowhere and landed in Salynda's hand and spoke " My name is Rosebead" a second little creature landed beside her and said " My name is Peddlepad." They were tiny fluffballs no bigger than a golf ball with funny little hats, they were all differnt colors Peddlepad was blue and Rosebead was red. "These are the inhabitants of the teapots here in Rosateapoter village, the Kaldourians. Say hello to them Charlotte." Salynda promted her.

Catching her breath and closing her mouth with a clack Charlotte remembered her manners and said "Hello Peddlepad and Rosebead Kaldourian," with a huge smile. "Can I touch you?" she asked. Moving tentatively at first the little Kaldourian Peddlepad took a short flight from Salynda's to Charlottes out stretched hand. Landing as softly as a butterfly his little feet tickled Charlottes palm. He hopped up and down until he was comfortable and then he said, " I have always been so very curious about humans, you are so big and and your hair is so yellow, Does it smell like Lemons?" He asked and proceeded to flit up to her hair and inhale. " No it smells like strawberrys," he giggled. And Charlotte said, " thats my shampoo, my Mommy buys it for me, its my favorite."

" Shampoo?" Peddlepad asked perplexed. "Its a kind of soap that you use to clean your hair and make it shiney." Charlotte said.

Taking Charlottes word for it as she must know about human things, since she is a human he just nodded sagely.

" And now" said Salynda, "I must ask the Kaldourians who among them feels brave enough to venture out with Charlotte to find a good Witch or Wizard." at this statement Salynda looked diretly at Peddlepad who flushed and immediatly said, " Oh please choose me Charlotte Blake, I have always wanted to travel ever so much and to travel with a HUMAN that would be Wonderful!"

Not wanting to offend the little guy by telling him she thought he was awful small to go on such a big adventure, after all didnt she hate it when Mom and Dad told her she was to small to go do things? Charlotte decided to immediatly say yes and was rewarded with a huge smile from Peddlepad and a few dozen hops of joy in the palm of her hand.

Salynda cleared her throat and having got both Charlottes and peddlepads attention she stated quickly, " I must now return to my home, as I have matters that greatly need my attention, along this path here" she pointed to the orange looking path to the south of Rosa teapotter, it wended down a hill toward the twin rivers, just in the distance could be seen a shining white bridge clinmbing over them." You will find the safest way to travel, and many good people along the way to assist you in your journey. If you should meet anyone who is willing to aqccompany you, just be sure to tell them straightaway of the Ruby Diamond and how you cannot remove it at any cost until you find the magician you are looking for." Salynda gently took Charlottes free hand and pulled her close, gently issing the top of her head she smiled and said, " Goodbye and Good luck my dear dear child."

As the last of Salyndas words faded away the sound of harps could be heard again playing a sweet melody, and the bubble that she had arrived in began to form around her anew, as it did so she floated away into the air waving merrily and smiling all the while. Charlotte was so happy that she had a solution to her problem of finding a way hiome, even if it meant working hard to get to the end of her journey. As Mom always said you must work hard to get the things you want in life and work hard she would.



© 2014 AnthonyP


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014