Chapter 1: Hobo

Chapter 1: Hobo

A Chapter by Anti Rainbow
"

In which Seele is introduced

"

It’s Complicated

 

Warning: This  story will have mentions of gay, asexual, and straight relationships if any of this is offending to you then I suggest you hit the back button and find a better story suited to your taste.

 

Chapter 1: Hobo

 

“You know Seele I wouldn’t be picky on who it is as long as you dated someone.” Seele groaned and almost slammed her head into the wall as she heard her mother voice float from out of the kitchen that was a hallway or two away. No matter how many walls and doors she tried to hide behind she couldn’t escape the nagging worried voice of her mother. It was always questioning her and goading her into doing things she didn’t really feel like doing at the time, and if Seele tried to refuse she’d get that ‘I carried you for 9 months, it’s the least you could do for me’ stare that all Mom’s seemed to be equipped with. 

 

“… Mom, we are not having this conversation.” The conversation was the same one they’d been having ever since Seele had turned 16. Her mother just couldn’t comprehend why her daughter wasn’t interested in dating, and Seele could never figure out how to best explain it to her mom that it seemed to be a whole waste of time. Not that she hadn’t dated, she had.  Twice, it had all turned out to be a fantastic failure. “Again.” She added as an afterthought.

 

“It could even be the hobo down the street just…”

 

“DAAAAD!” Seele yelled in outrage as she stormed into the living room an empty box held in between her hands. She set it down on the counter top and placed her hands on her hips in aggravation as her Dad looked up from his newspaper, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he watched Seele walk back and forth in front of him.

 

"Yes Seele?" He asked a note of amusement in his voice. Seele scowled at him as she proceeded to plop down on the couch beside him and stretched out her long legs until they disappeared underneath the glass coffee table across from them. She let out a huff of air she hadn’t realized she been holding as she spoke to her Dad. 

 

"Mom doing it again." She said with a small pout.

 

"You're mom usually is.” He answered. “What exactly is she doing again if I may ask?"

 

"Trying to pawn me off onto some random guy… do you have earplugs in?" Seele asked, frowning at her Dad in a worried fashion and unsure of how someone could miss the yelling going on between her and her mother from across multiple rooms. The woman in her family tended to have very loud voices, and were known for being able to carry on conversations (or arguments as the case may be) across grocery stores. There happened to be a few stores as it stood at the moment that wouldn’t let them in past the revolving doors and had posters of their faces plastered on the walls with “no service” written below them.

 

"Actually,” He Dad started as he folded up the newspaper in his hands and set it down on the table “I’ve just gotten really good at turning you both out when you get going.”

 

"… That's not exactly comforting Dad." Seele replied back as she got off the couch with a push. She let out a final sigh as she picked her box back up and gave her Dad a look. "You two wonder why I'm going off to college in a different town."

 

"That I never questioned." Her Dad muttered under his breath as Seele jogged up the steps two at a time. “I’ll talk to your mother.” He spoke after her in a louder voice.


End Chapter 1



© 2011 Anti Rainbow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

Anti Rainbow
Anti Rainbow

GA



About
So I'm 24 and currently fixing to go back to school for an English Major. I love to write and read and write (badly). more..

Writing