Displaced Life

Displaced Life

A Poem by Anushree

I belong to a lost generation
With no home and family
I live here on foreign land
The dust in which I grew long behind

In severe condition, I get no food
Once a month someone comes to heal my wounds
But the wounds in heart are left the way they are

When the sky turns purple
I am reminded of that ruthless night
Which spared my body but left a dead soul

The stake is nothing less than
Survival and wellbeing of the
Generation of innocent people called Refugees

© 2016 Anushree


Author's Note

Anushree
I wrote this poem after seeing plight of the Syrian refugees. They don't want our sympathy, all they want is their rights; just like anyone one of us would want if we would have been hit like a crisis where he have to flee from our own homes.
I hope you connect with my poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words in this piece speak of an unbelievable truth, just as your author's note states, how can people who have been displaced ever feel they will call some place home when their choices are removed at every turn and their human rights are ignored for the most part, because "they are not our problem" attitudes prevail. They are our problem and we should just be grateful that we are not one of the tens of thousands, held behind fences, while jealously looking out towards freedom that doesn't want to be given.
You done a great job of helping the reader connect with the brutal, harsh reality behind the picture you paint.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anushree

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for connecting with my poem and feeling the pain of refugees.
Lorry

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Message is very clear and strong. Most bigget shame than this war. It s shame of response wealthy countries. We are all the same and we have some rights. No matter froom where you came. Your poem is not just worth for great poetry. But also for message what you make. We should all hear that message and change the response. We are the humans and we shoul help to each other.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Felt truly connected to your poetry.
It speaks of the truth, from a refugee's perspective in very lively manner .
Keep writing more .

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anushree

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Swati
I love your poem, such a sad one, I can't bear it when I hear anyone speak badly of refugees. After what they have suffered already and there by the grace of god is anyone placed in the place of their birth - it could be anyone - I find it incredibly arrogant if someone says they don't want refugees in their country - it's not their country, they were just lucky not be born somewhere where they might have been a refugee themselves! Syria, why is this being allowed to happen - it's criminal - thank you for sharing your wonderful poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anushree

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your inspiring words. All I wish is this poem tries to create the right impact.. read more
Deeply thought ... Welcome to writerscafe!!! I think you are a newbie here and I am sure you'll be getting a lot of inspiration to write more..
The depth of this poem and the words used show your potential of a good writer... Wonderful thoughts flowing around the piece... I could connect the dots... yep! you are right when you say about fellows out of motherland yet have home and also how homeless do not even realize their own situations...
Suggestion : You have written 'are left as it is'. I think that should be 'are left the way they are..'
Nice poem!!! : )
Keep writing!!!!
Anindita : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


Anushree

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Anindita for your motivation as well as your suggestion :)
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

My pleasure Anushree...
Your words in this piece speak of an unbelievable truth, just as your author's note states, how can people who have been displaced ever feel they will call some place home when their choices are removed at every turn and their human rights are ignored for the most part, because "they are not our problem" attitudes prevail. They are our problem and we should just be grateful that we are not one of the tens of thousands, held behind fences, while jealously looking out towards freedom that doesn't want to be given.
You done a great job of helping the reader connect with the brutal, harsh reality behind the picture you paint.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anushree

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for connecting with my poem and feeling the pain of refugees.
Lorry

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 16, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: Refugees, war, miseries, terroris.

Author

Anushree
Anushree

Mumbai, India




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..