A thought

A thought

A Story by *AnYBOdY ThERe?*
"

A thought to share, a thought to ponder, a thought made so you might think.

"

            Have you ever wanted to do something terrible? You look for an excuse to say no to yourself, you say “I’m going to regret it later.” And “What will they think of me?”

Amputation from the main masses scares you; it’s all you’ve ever known. You grew up knowing your family, then your friends, and your town. Anything outside of that was “lethal”. You lived knowing what you were taught. You were taught what your parents and what the mass you were in thought was normal. What was right. If you spoke against it you were by yourself, if you acted against it you had no hope of survival. At least not in that community. But how do you find another community to live in after you no longer belong to “your own”. All the others only know what they were taught and you’d find yourself back where you started. It’s not like you can convince someone to believe in anything besides their pre-set thoughts. They’d most likely dig your grave and throw you in it before acknowledging you even had a hint of validity in your ideas. The truth is the only way to live is by your own means because getting used to the world’s rules is like standing in front of an oncoming train. They never stay the same, they will never make sense, but one thing you can count on is that they will bring death head on towards you. So the truth is the rules aren’t even valid. The only rules that stick are those you make. There’s nothing but your own willpower to judge your decisions. So ask yourself, have you ever wanted to do something terrible? Now ask yourself, why didn’t you?

© 2010 *AnYBOdY ThERe?*


Author's Note

*AnYBOdY ThERe?*
I feel like I might actually make a difference to someone with this thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010

Author

*AnYBOdY ThERe?*
*AnYBOdY ThERe?*

Weston, FL



About
"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits."-Richard M. Nixon more..

Writing