Love, Hope, or Fear?

Love, Hope, or Fear?

A Story by Apebble
"

What is the strongest emotion?

"

What is the strongest emotion? What is the emotion that can stand the test of time and the assault of anything proposed against it? Which emotion can motivate someone to move an act beyond what they ever thought possible? Which one?


Is it hope? Maybe fear? What about love? Not a fake love, one that is found scraped into trees with initials encompassed by a heart, no. Not that petty love. I mean a genuine, heartfelt love. One that you feel in your dreams because it presses itself upon your mind every moment you try to concentrate on something else. I mean the love that pressures itself and impresses its weight upon your heart every time you hear their voice or see their face. I mean the love that despite what happens, through thick and thin, through the trials and the pain, through every beautiful and ugly aspect of life, you would consistently put your life on the line for said person.


Is that love the emotion? Is it stronger than fear? Can it possibly be stronger than what forces droves of people into servitude by a mere flick of the whip clutched hand? Can it be stronger than that which has been instilled in the harts of every kid lying down hearing his parents argue? Maybe the fear that a wife has as her drunken husband stumbles through the door with violent ideas in mind. Maybe it is the fear in the heart of a child with a hood over his head being carried off into another man's home, being forced to further their acquaintance by measures unspeakable. Maybe it is the fear of a child thrown onto the bus floor on the way to a more violent penitentiary for the day. Maybe it is the kid hiding in the corner simply to avoid being seen by those who wish him harm. Maybe it is the fear felt by the teenager sitting up at night with a razor blade scratching away his feelings, hoping that maybe blood can whitewash his hurt. Maybe it is the kid crying in his hand debating how to tell the one he supposedly loves how he feels, only to be stopped by self-apprehension. Would this fear be our victor?


What of hope? Truly the ficklest of emotions cannot win. Truly this cannot be our victor over all, can it? How can the aspirations and reason to go on, be the driving factor of going on? Hope is nothing more than a cage to hardship. Something that tells you to proceed for the slightest chance at success and peace, when in fact the chances were too slim to begin with. Hope in a blindfold cascaded over the mind in a foolhardy attempt to breed life. Surely it is not hope.


Let us take an analysis, then. We have love and then we have fear. Fear cannot be the victor, however. Despite hope being the weakest of the emotions, it fights with the irrational. Fear deals with the rational. If you are put under the whip, the logical thing is to fear the whip, not have hope you will be able to overcome the whipmaster. However, hope manages to occasionally convince fools that overcoming him is rational, and thus defy fear. This defiance of fear has weakened fear to the point where it has little to no power as of late. The effort needed to secure fear's position is far outweighed by the benefit, while similar effort can be placed in instilling a different base emotion that with the same effort and resources will be stronger.


One such emotion stronger per the resources is love. However, can this be the strongest? Love may be the strongest of emotions, but it is too brittle to motivate universal action, and honest true love, that which does motivate those to action, is too rare to make any impact. Thus you have those who claim to love falling by the wayside, and then you have the select few who genuinely love washed away under the bridge and into the sewer by other groups only by sheer number.


If it is not love, fear or hope...what can it be? What can be universal enough and resistant enough to withstand all of life's tricks and ploys?


It is simple. If you want something applicable to everyone, its genuine form must be able to be aroused easily. If you want it to be able to resist hope, then it must not be something hope can effect. If you want it to have power, it must be entirely irrational and convince the mind its irrationality is rational, as so it is not subject to being destroyed by reason. And lastly, it must instill a want to rise against. And lastly, and most importantly, it must be powerful.


Only one emotion embodies these traits, and exemplifies them so well that it is screaming its name even now. Hate. What can instill anger upon thousands against one person? Hate. What can start riots and revolutions? Hate. What can motivate the revenge filled quest of a wronged man? Hate!


Hate is the loudest of all the competition. It screams both vocally and by action. It applies universally, and is one of the easiest to instill. Love, hope and fear cannot even begin to compare its strength. The only combatant to hate is love. As love is too rare and sparsed out, it cannot possibly stand a chance against the hate-lustful crowd.


Hate is our champion. Hate is your victor.

© 2013 Apebble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 9, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013
Tags: love, hope, fear, hate, emotion

Author

Apebble
Apebble

About
Hi all :) I go by apebble, but you can call me almost any variation of apebble you wish (peb, pebs, pebbles, ape, etc.)...just don't call me apple :P As for myself as a writer: I write generally.. more..

Writing
This One Life This One Life

A Story by Apebble