Complexities of a Woman

Complexities of a Woman

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

a tribute to the many dimensions of a woman - short and sweet

"

 

Sails of instinct guide her through a
turquoise sea of

 

self-respect

and

expression,

 

quietly dismissing all acts of

 

insidious

intent...

 

independent as the day and the night,
unassumingly
intelligent and...

 

precocious.

 

Within your honest heart she slowly
reveals the secrets of her legacy...

 

a treasure chest of iridescent pearls. 

 

 

 

© 2008 TamiViolet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think your "Sails of instinct" metaphor is brilliant, Apollonia. I'm no literary critic, just go by what I like and I am drawn to the beauty of this poem�your sparing, precise use of words, your presentation, the sentiment you express so well through figurative prose.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a beautiful expression, revealing glimpses of the complexities that make up the life of a woman... And a man who will wait and listen will find such a depth.. a treasure chest beyond compare.. Thank you for the wondrous jewel!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words so gentle and powerful. Woman are the rare pearls we are (If lucky) able to discover in a life. Every line was strong. The poem was a pleasure to read. Photo made wish to be by the sea.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Apollonia, thank you for giving us all such a truly artistic poem touching right into one's soul!
Thank you for such a great poem and for always being such a great talented poet in this great community of writers!
I enjoyed this piece very much!
TIM


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think I just fell in love with your poem Apollonia!! I love your use of combining imagery and metaphors, my favourite being "a treasure chest of iridescent pearls" :} Really brings out the many elements surrounding this poem. Well done and keep it up!! xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really thoughtful, great usage of imagery and metaphor, and as always your images are really thoughtfully chosen to contribute to a poem that would still be great without em. good job, strong statement. keep it up

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M@
I'm imagining a girl who's developed early, who is her own person and happy with it, uninvolved and undaunted by the surrounding sociological groping of others ,revealing herself to only those she feels the need/desire to. That's just my take on it, I'm most likely horribly, horribly wrong.

It's been a while where I've seen style like this, and usually the one word lines don't do it much for me. However, you know when too much is too much obviously, as you don't overkill it, just enough to get your point across. You've got a great way of saying the same thing others may have said in a totally unique way, which is a breath of fresh air.

If I had anything negative to say about this piece (and I had to scratch my brain about it), it'd be to lose the ellipses. Dramatic effect, longer pause, what have you, they sadly don't do much for pieces of poetry. The loner pauses are executed through stanza breaks, even if the stanza is only one word long.

The other thing is that I think it'd be stellar if you gave the reader that ocean imagery other than text color and pictures. Then again, that may not have been the whole point of this piece, and it may just be the frame instead of the actual painting itself.

Good on ya', I dig it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent my friend. I was so sure I had read this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like this, it's simplistic and yet powerful. Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


"A treasure chest of irridescent pearls" And just as mysterious. Most women are not understood. When a woman is loved to the core she blossoms and returns that love threefold...BTW I believe most men are like this as well...there are good and bad traits in both species...
Nicely done,
Helen xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


Just beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

776 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet