Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

As he arrived home he went to put his horse up in the barn for tonight and walked back to the house.
"I have something for you," said Rancho.
So she sat down at the table and opened her present.
"Oh its beautiful honey, thank you, but how could you afford this with the money we have?" asked Martha.
"I've been saving up to buy you something nice and I did," said Rancho.
"Thank you, I love it very much, thank you," said Martha.
"Your Welcome sweetheart," smiled Rancho.
As the baby was sleeping, Martha and Rancho went outside and sat down in there rocking chairs on the porch watching the sun go down until it was dark. Then they came back inside and went to sleep. Next morning the baby was crying, Martha quickly got up and fed the baby some milk and he was happy. When he finished he smiled and it was the cutest smile nothing but gums. Martha took him outside and sat down on the rocking chair it was a nice warm day. Then Rancho came outside and sat down also.
As they were sitting down they saw two men on horseback coming up on their land, then they got closer to the house.
"Brandon, Michael, what are you doing here?” angered Rancho.
"I am just saying you need to give that baby back to his own people, before it’s too late," said Michael.
"Look you’re afraid, I know, but he will not be the kind of Native that you think he will be, he will be a good boy," said Rancho.
"Were not afraid of him, were afraid of what he might do to our town and the people in it, we warned you, you wait too long he'll turn on you both," said Brandon.
"Leave now," demanded Rancho.
So Michael and Brandon rode back to town to have a couple of beers.
"Why do they have to be so cruel?" asked Martha rocking him.
"They hate the Natives, they think just because he's a Native he will automatically kill the whites when he grows up," said Rancho.
"But our son will be a good boy," said Martha.
"Yes he will, he will not do anything to harm anyone or anything," said Rancho.
It was dark, so they walked inside and put the baby in his bed and went to bed as well.
As they were sleeping Michael and Brandon came to the baby's window, Brandon went inside, he stood over the crib and the baby woke up crying, Brandon quickly grabbed the baby and was about to go out the window when Rancho came walking in.
"BRANDON! Get out of my house put my son back in its crib NOW!" shouted Rancho.
Martha came running inside as well. Brandon threw the baby toward Rancho, and Rancho quickly caught the baby before he could hit the floor.
"It’s alright, shush, you’re alright, daddy has got you," said Rancho cuddling him and holding him tightly.
So they took the baby to their room and went back to sleep.


© 2018 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on August 15, 2018
Last Updated on August 15, 2018





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5