7 Signs that Call for Dryer Door Repair

7 Signs that Call for Dryer Door Repair

A Story by Burlington Appliance Repair
"

Careless use of an appliance can make it more prone to damages and malfunctioning. For a cloth dryer, the main component i.e. its door suffers the most if used recklessly.

"
Careless use of an appliance can make it more prone to damages and malfunctioning. For a cloth dryer, the main component i.e. its door suffers the most if used recklessly. Calling an appliance repair technician to get the door repaired isn't always necessary. The problem has more to do with manner of its usage.

Sometimes, there might be something stuck beneath the door corners allowing it not to work properly, this type of problem doesn’t require expert help. But an issue may also be a serious one and need the attention of an experienced repair person.

Few hints for identifying serious door issues are:

Dryer Door Won’t Shut: This is the most common problem with new models. Like other home appliances, dryers are also equipped with a safety feature that includes a switch that prevents it from functioning unless the door is properly closed and latched.

Sometimes a door magically pops open in the mid-cycle, forcing the motor to turn off and often toss the clothes onto the floor. Before calling a professional for repair, try running a cycle with smaller load. An over-weighted pile of wet clothes is sufficient to pop a sensitive electronic latch, thereby opening the door in between the cycle.

The Door Shuts But Latch Doesn’t Catch: One of the most common reason for this issue is that the door’s hinges may have bent or tweaked, because of placing excess weight on it. Its interior side can bend, causing misalignment of the latch parts. These issues can be solved by adjusting few screws and adding a shim behind the hinge.

The latch mechanism can itself be the cause of problem in some cases, which needs an expert appliance repairman for getting it replaced or repaired.

The Dryer Won’t Restart After The Door Is Opened: Some homeowners have a habit of opening the dryer door in the mid-cycle to check the dampness of the clothes and if found damp, they simply close the door again and turn on the machine to finish the load cycle, but nothing happens. The reason for the appliance not restarting can be the failure of a thermal fuse. This fuse acts as a safety mechanism for preventing fires and power cut offs to the motor when it overheats.

Opening the door in-between a running cycle can cause a hike in the internal temperature that can blow a fuse. In this case, the fuse has to be replaced soon to avoid any fire hazards.

A door is one of the most vulnerable and first to wear out part of a dryer. It should be maintained with same care like other components of a machine are. These were the few problems and risks associated with dryer doors. Burlington Appliance Repair is a renowned company that offers high quality appliance repair and maintenance solutions in Canada.

© 2016 Burlington Appliance Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Burlington Appliance Repair
Burlington Appliance Repair

Burlington, Ontario, Canada



About
Burlington Appliance Repairs Services open 24/7 & serves all brand home appliances. For Emergency call at 289-635-2505 Repair shop. more..

Writing