4 Steps to Clean A Dirty Oven & Grimed Cooktop

4 Steps to Clean A Dirty Oven & Grimed Cooktop

A Story by Burlington Appliance Repair
"

With holiday season approaching near, homeowners can be seen busy in cooking and serving hot food.

"
With holiday season approaching near, homeowners can be seen busy in cooking and serving hot food. This regular cooking will compel the range to start emitting looks of a restaurant kitchen with splattered sauce, gunk-up controls, and greasy oven.

To avoid all this mess and to maintain looks of a kitchen, don’t let the grime stay on your oven for longer. Keeping the range or oven dirty can effect its performance and will also come up as a greeting place for cockroaches and other pests. Clean and maintain your kitchen appliances regularly for a healthy and hygienic home.

Few steps for cleaning kitchen appliances are:

Step 1: Clean the Cooktop

The foremost step in cleaning is the cooktop. Remove the casted-iron grates and burner covers and clean the small spills with the help of hot and soapy water. In case they are badly stained, place them in a plastic bag and add one small cup of ammonia powder. The alkaline base of ammonia tends to dissolve the grease and break down the stains.

Step 2: Clear the Burner Ports

With time and usage, the ports on a gas burner may become clogged, thereby causing uneven flames and heat. Carefully clean up these gas ports using a safety pin. Avoid using wooden toothpicks or other soft materials, as they can break inside the ports.

Step 3: Degrease the Controls

Wear plastic gloves to cover your hands completely and wash the range controls. Remove the spare parts and clean the sink with hot and soapy water. After this, clean the control panel and the knobs with a clean damp cloth. Don’t let any liquid enter the electric board of the appliance, as a short circuit may occur. In case this happens, stop the cleaning process and call an oven repair technician to inspect into the situation.

Step 4: Wipe Down the Oven Interiors

Most of the modern ranges come with self-cleaning ovens, whose cleaning capability is good and normal. When the ovens are kept in their self cleaning process, they'll take up to several hours. Even after the cycle is complete, there are chances that the burnt musty smell may not escape.

Therefore, its advised to skip the self clean cycle and use a scrub soaked in hot and soapy water for more efficient cleaning. After cleaning the entire interiors, come to the appliance door. While maintaining an oven, don't allow the water to drip down and streak inside the glass, as cleaning the interior glass surface may require disassembling the door.

These were the few easy steps in cleaning and maintaining an oven. Burlington Appliance Repair is a leading appliance troubleshooting company that offers wide range home and kitchen appliance installation, maintenance and repair solutions at affordable costs. http://www.burlingtonappliancerepairs.ca/range-oven-repair/

© 2016 Burlington Appliance Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on December 17, 2016
Last Updated on December 17, 2016
Tags: Appliance, Repair, Installation, Replacement, Ovne, Dryer

Author

Burlington Appliance Repair
Burlington Appliance Repair

Burlington, Ontario, Canada



About
Burlington Appliance Repairs Services open 24/7 & serves all brand home appliances. For Emergency call at 289-635-2505 Repair shop. more..

Writing