5 Easy Tips to Maintain Water Heater

5 Easy Tips to Maintain Water Heater

A Story by Burlington Appliance Repair
"

Hot water is generally needed during the cold months. The main source of hot water in most of the homes is a water heater.

"
Hot water is generally needed during the cold months. The main source of hot water in most of the homes is a water heater. This energy appliance is often overlooked until there's no supply of warm water. A water heater needs proper maintenance and should be handled with care for effective and better performance. This can help a lot in saving money and providing comfort.

Though the maintenance process of is easy, it should be accomplished with attention and caution. If one isn't aware of the tricks involved in the cleaning process, it will be a good choice to hire professional water heater repair service Burlington. Don't forget to step back and wear close toed shoes to protect yourself from pouring off hot water on body and feet.  

Few easy tips for maintenance are:

1. Flush the tank: Hot water accumulated inside a heater after use, can burn or degrade the rubber and plastic water hoses. Don't fill the water bucket only up to the amount needed, instead fill it till the water inside the heater empties up. Even a small amount of water left inside the tank, can cause harm every time. Furthermore, flushing the entire tank every 4-6 months helps in preventing the sediment and debris build up, thereby reduces the chances of clogs and increases the life of the unit to a good extent.

2. Check the anode rod: An anode rod carries positive charge and attracts the corrosive elements found in contaminated water. It is a made up of magnesium and aluminum, or aluminum and zinc alloy. Check the anode rod at least once in a year to increase the life of the water heater.  

3. Inspect the pressure relief valve for leaks: Inspect all the connections, valves and hoses for any ruptures, cracks, leaks and drips once in a year. The temperature valve found on the unit aims to release pressure and heat that saves a heater from bursting. Test it annually, to ensure that its working properly and if cracks are found, get it repaired from an appliance repair technician. If there are leaks on the water pipe, get it replaced by a licensed plumber.

4. Insulate the pipes: For better and fast flow of hot water, insulate all the pipes attached with it. Insulating the cold water outlets help in preventing condensation. It is also effective in dripping the temperature in warmer months. Insulating the hot water pipe aims to reduce the loss of heat.

5. Adjust the temperature: The default settings for water heater is usually 125�-� F. But, this temperature is hot enough to cause skin burns. The temperature above this level can cause serious injuries even with an indirect contact. Therefore, its recommended to keep the maximum temperature up to 120�-� F. This is a safe and energy efficient way that saves the unit from damages.

These were the few easy maintenance tips for a water heater. Burlington Appliance Repairs is a reputed company that offers various energy appliance installation and repair services including maintenance solutions for HVAC's in Burlington at reasonable prices.

© 2016 Burlington Appliance Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 14, 2016
Last Updated on October 14, 2016
Tags: appliance repair burlington, burlington appliance repair, fridge repair burlington, refrigerator repair Burlington

Author

Burlington Appliance Repair
Burlington Appliance Repair

Burlington, Ontario, Canada



About
Burlington Appliance Repairs Services open 24/7 & serves all brand home appliances. For Emergency call at 289-635-2505 Repair shop. more..

Writing