4 Easy Tips to Reduce Refrigerator Energy Costs

4 Easy Tips to Reduce Refrigerator Energy Costs

A Story by Burlington Appliance Repair
"

Appliances are designed to offer a lavish lifestyle and to decrease the work load of a homeowner.

"
Appliances are designed to offer a lavish lifestyle and to decrease the work load of a homeowner. They consume a good level of energy and electricity to operate well. The degree of usage of an appliance is directly proportional to its energy costs. Now, you may have got the answer why your refrigerator sucks too much money. There are surely some issues or something that is being performed in the wrong way, either by you or the appliance itself, which is causing increased energy consumption. There is need to inspect and maintain a refrigerator, so as to deal with the issue which is compelling it to consume more power.

Tips to be followed to maintain a fridge to reduce costs are:

1. Watch The Food You Store

The amount and way of storing food items in a refrigerator can help a lot in reducing efficiency costs. Storing more food to fill up all the space, can actually help in managing energy as there will be less empty space which needs to be cooled down. Don't overload a fridge to such a capacity that can cut off the air circulation inside the appliance. Cover all the food containers before storing them. Make sure the door is closed properly as any sort of moisture can cause the compressor to work harder.

2. Maintain It Properly

A proper and regular maintained refrigerator can cut the energy costs to a good extent. The most popular culprit that can cause problem is the rubber gasket that is located around the inside edges of the appliance door. It becomes faulty with harsh and prolonged usage which preempts the cold air to leak outside and the hot air to leak inside. Inspect thoroughly to find out, if the rubber gasket need any replacement or not. Also, check the condenser coils and compressor fans. It they are found damaged, get them repaired by a refrigerator repair technician Burlington.

3. Make Sure the Temperature is Set Right

A right temperature for both the freezer and fridge can help a lot in reducing energy costs. Its recommended to set the temperature between 37 - 40 degrees F for fridge and 5 degrees F for a freezer. Defrost the freezer soon, if you notice any frost build up. Defrosting helps in maintaining efficient temperature that can cut consumption of energy.

4. Keep at a Cool Spot

Though most of us won't believe, physical location of a refrigerator effects energy to a good extent. Keeping it at a ventilated space can help the hot air to escape outside which compels a fridge to work more smoothly. If some other heat generating appliance, such as an oven or a dishwasher is placed next to a freezer, it will remain surrounded by inconsistent heat. This heat will force the compressor to work more harder to generate effective cooling, which results in high energy consumption and costs.

With decreased natural resources for generation of energy, its good to save as more as you can. Saving the energy costs is quite an easy task. These were the few tips that can effectively reduce energy expenses for a fridge. Burlington Appliance Repair is a renowned company that offers high quality appliance maintenance and repair solutions at cheapest prices in Burlington. More info go here http://www.burlingtonappliancerepairs.ca/refrigerator-freezer-repair/

© 2016 Burlington Appliance Repair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on September 30, 2016
Last Updated on September 30, 2016

Author

Burlington Appliance Repair
Burlington Appliance Repair

Burlington, Ontario, Canada



About
Burlington Appliance Repairs Services open 24/7 & serves all brand home appliances. For Emergency call at 289-635-2505 Repair shop. more..

Writing