Disclaimer and Prologue

Disclaimer and Prologue

A Chapter by April

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction, even though most of the characters and situations are inspired by my experiences, they have been exaggerated and some plot twists have been added. 

I got the idea for this story when people started asking me about how I changed my stream from Science to Arts. I have added some of the problems that even though I didn't come across, many people would have. Like family and peer pressure.

The background of this story is that in India, Arts is a frowned upon stream and almost equivalent to not getting an education. Basically, you're announcing you cannot do anything else and that's why not many people opt for this subject and those who opt are ashamed of it.

I have spent so many days plotting revenge with my fellow Arts friend on the people who say we are capable of nothing. But let's face it, it's difficult when the mass is against you. 

Such struggles are highlighted in this novel. Please read, vote and comment. Constructive Criticism is welcome. 

Your opinions encourage me to write. 

This is being written for CampNaNoWriMo so expect regular updates. 

All my love, 

April.

Prologue

No one wants conflicts in lives, I was no stranger to that feeling. I wouldn't say that I am a Psychologist, but when I quote Sigmund Freud when he said that every single one of us had mental problems and some of us just were more problematic than others, I would like to inform you that I understand the wisdom of his words.

Sigmund Freud's life was surrounded by controversy. Basically, his life was a controversy, his theories were frowned upon.

Why?

Simple, because his ideas were novel, something against the simple bubble in everyone lived, against the herd mentality. Trust me, when I tell you that if you go against the herd mentality, you will be titled as crazy. If you think that when you prove them wrong or right, then they would shut up, you are sorely wrong my dear friend. Because, let me assure you these people won't stop.

If you prove them right, they will taunt you with their "I told you so" and if you prove them wrong they will swear that they know you could have done better if you had done what they said and followed the bandwagon.

I am not saying I have done either. At times I feel like I have proven them right, and am going to be unemployed, poor or a house-wife. On other times, I have proven them wrong because, I am the topper of my class and best at what I do.

It's annoying, it's terrible. But it's my choice. It's my passion.

Now, if you're wondering how I made this incredible choice of doing what I love?

It had many ups and downs. And I was sure, I was going to follow the bandwagon. Actually, I had bought the tickets and almost boarded it.

What happened?

Won't you like to know?

 

 



© 2015 April


Author's Note

April
Constructive Criticism is welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 5, 2015
Last Updated on April 5, 2015


Author

April
April

Akola, Maharashtra, India



About
Nineteen year old aspiring writer. more..

Writing