I Need

I Need

A Poem by AprilRivers12

I need a blanket, to help warm the heart that others have made cold.                        

I need a rope, to help hang on to the things that I believe in when others dare to take them away.

I need a needle, to help mend my torn innocence that didn’t deserve to be tarnished.

I need a balloon, to help me let go of the past that I’ve blown it up with.

I need a boat, to help me sail back to reality and accept the present.

I need an angel, to help remind me that nothing is perfect.

I need a pencil, to help me draw back in the loved ones that I’ve lost.

I need a net, to capture the moments in my life when I can remember feeling happiness.

I need the sun, to help me grown on my own.

I need the wind, to help me blow away the things that I know I can’t change.

I need a voice, to tell me that I will be okay even when I know I won’t.

I need tape, to help me stick to the things that make me content.

I need scissors, to help me cut away the searing pain.

I need steel, to help provide my sore heart with unbreakable shelter.

I need a brush, to help me paint the future I want for myself.

And I need a box, to put it all in.

© 2013 AprilRivers12


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nicely penned, very sweet images, very logic hopes and dreams, nice words picking, nice flow

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely Done! You definitely wrote this from your heart! There's no denying that!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2013