Live Like Us

Live Like Us

A Poem by AprilRivers12

Do you know that feeling you get when something bad happens right in front of you; right before your very eyes? 


That feeling that eats you up and closes in on you… when you can’t breathe, or speak and you feel like someone has just ripped a piece of you out of your body and crushed it between their palms while they laugh as you fall to your knees in defeat. 


Imagine feeling like that every second of every day; there are millions of people who do. 


The slightest slip of words or a wrong facial expression can cause hell to come alive in the souls of these people… you may think it doesn't bother them just to tell them they are wrong or that there are people who have it worse off. 


These people don’t just live in fear of other people; they live in fear of life itself. 


Happiness comes from the freedom to live… but what about those who haven’t ever had the chance to actually live? 


Every day there is that constant fear that something could go wrong at any given moment, something that they do could cause something horrible to happen… and they never forgive themselves when all is said and done. 


Yet we never own up to pressing the wound deeper into the skin of a person who fears life; we always blame that person, don’t we? 


“They were sick in the head, they were stupid…” weren't they? 


When you see the actual wound you've created open up and show true feeling behind the scar it will create, will you understand then? 


Live like one of us and I promise you, you still will never feel pain as we do.

© 2013 AprilRivers12


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013