Where Is The Love?

Where Is The Love?

A Poem by Draven

Blood is pouring,

demons are laughing,

angels are crying their tears.

 

Violence erupting,

society crumbles.

This world is but hatred and fears.

 

Children are singing

as gunfire's ringing.

Jesus looks down from above.

 

We're killing each other,

slaying our brothers.

The Lord asks, "Where is the love?"

© 2012 Draven


Author's Note

Draven
This is in response to the school shooting in Conn.
6 adults, 20 children - each fell victim to insanity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very meaningful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The flow of this is very musical, and the words penned put the scene in my head, vividness ftw! Keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Sandy hook Shooting was very sad and traumatic. A lovely poem. With great respect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A brilliant response to the dreadful shooting at Sandy Hook. Where indeed, is the love? Nice to see the discipline in this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


7 adults I believe AdamLanza is a victim of mind control as well as mark Laughner and James Holmes.That man child was a patsy and we have all fallen into a false flag operation . Even if I am wrong about the hypnosis and mind control,I know Nancy Lanza worked for DARPA and they make video games for military training.Oh and the poem is beautiful but I think god is wondering how long it is going to take us to call bullshit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the last stanza! And this whole poem in general. It's beautiful, and I wonder where the love is as well. I mean, killing 20 innocent children.. They'll never get to grow up and have lives of their own, never get to work to accomplish something.. They had all of those opportunities taken away from them.. The Newtown, Connecticut school shooting was definitely tragic, and I think this is a beautiful tribute to those 26 people.

Posted 11 Years Ago


People these days are just increasing the couragement to do more extreme violence and nothing but deaths, I agree "Where is the love?". Some humans are just thinking sick and been on drugs, and I'm pretty sure what thier stupidity will bring them to, nothing but death and the devil .... "What the hell happened to life/humans" is what I might say to the violence people are doing.
Such a great work you did, my friend :)
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


sometimes I too wonder where is the love? It is all around us but when these terrible things happen we have t6o ask, where is the love. Brilliant write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


People just don't know the true meaning of love, peace, and humanity, it really upsets me.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice, and simple in a good way. I enjoyed this. And I feel like you didn't mean to portray it this way, but it makes me question the man in the sky looking down on these children being massacred. And all he can say it "Where is the love!?" I mean, if that's the god of men then I truly fear for humanities future.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

I don't believe in a god, so I like the message I've seen in your work. I think religion is just ano.. read more
Draven

11 Years Ago

Regardless of if God is real or not, you are very right. Religion is used for such destructive purpo.. read more
Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Well thank-you. Lol
But anyway, this was a great write. Thankx for the R.R :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

547 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012

Author

Draven
Draven

Mount Sterling, KY



About
Hi, I'm Draven. I'm a father, philosopher, artist, writer, poet, and musician. I have a passion for the world and a deep love of all people in it. These are pieces of poetry or bits of writing t.. more..

Writing
Acknowledgements Acknowledgements

A Chapter by Draven


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Draven


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Draven



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..