June 5th

June 5th

A Story by Mara
"

This story is about a boy (Matthew Green, 24) and a girl (Angelina Mason, 19) that hide there feelings for each other by irritate them to death. (:

"

“If that isn’t the remaining girl of all human beings.. Wandering the woods all by yourself at sundown? Never thought you’d be that stupid, Mason,” Matthew mocked. “So, what shall I do with you...” He wondered out loud,  just because he knew it would set her teeth on.

“Oh, sod off, Green,” Angelina retorted irritated. “It’s not like you can beat me in a fight.”

“Want to bet, Mason?” Matthew smirked. “I bet I can take you down in less than five minutes.”

“Arrogant much?”

“Only for you, my princess,” Matthew mocked. “Well, do we have a bet or not?”

“Whatever, Green.”

“But I don’t want to fight with you...” Matthew thought for a second, but then he came up with the best idea ever �" if he said so himself.
“Can’t we play soccer to determine who’s the best, though of course we both know who that is.”

“Awh, is the tiny little Matthew scared of losing from a girl?”

“Like that’ll ever happen.” Matthew snorted. Angelina glared at him. “I just don’t want to hurt you. I mean, what am I going to do when you’re crying because you think I broke your leg or something? ”

“You won’t, believe me. But fine, have it your way. I’ll beat you anyway,” Angelina said, smiling while she spoke.  

“Sure, Mason. Whatever.” Matthew smirked and they headed to the meadow they always used to play soccer. At the west edge of the field there were two trees that sufficed perfectly as goalposts. The trees stood at the same place at the opposite of the meadow.

The ball which they used a couple of days ago still lay under the tree they left it. They both took positions and they started to play. Both players were matched to each other and it took long before there really happened something.
Soon Matthew realized that his treat to beat Angelina within five minutes wasn’t going to happen.

Eventually Angelina saw a hole in Matthew’s defence. She flew forward with the ball rolling next to her, barely touching the ground as she ran. Matthew looked stunned for a second, but than he ran as hard as he could, knowing he was too late. With a cheer Angelina shot the ball between the two trees that acted like goalposts.

Matthew sighed heavily while Angelina sprinted back at him, a huge smile on her face. He looked at her astonished, as if he couldn’t quite believe he just got beaten by the girl standing in front of him.

“I guess I won,” Angelina said smirking. Matthew opened his mouth to say something spiteful, but than decided he could better keep it to himself. Instead of that insulting sentence he said something else.

“I think you’re starting to take over my habits, Mason,” Matthew answered with a smile. “You’re smirking and enjoying to humiliate people .”

“I am not smirking!” Angelina said offended by his words. She didn’t like being compared to Jared, though she couldn’t deny she liked it to see him lose.

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Oh, you definitely were, love.”

“Oh, shut it, Green!”

“Why don’t you do something about it?” Matthew challenged her, not knowing Melanie took that seriously and was angry enough to do so.

She lashed out with her hand and hit him on the chest while she tackled him. Matthew fell with a dull thud on the ground.

Angelina kneeled next to Matthew’s still body on the ground and smiled down at him. “Happy birthday, Matthew,” she said and she kissed his cheek, before walking away, leaving the guy wondering what the hell just happened.

© 2011 Mara


Author's Note

Mara
I would appreciate it if you tell me what you think and please tell me if I made some mistakes. Thanks! X

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011

Author

Mara
Mara

Tucson, AZ



About
My name is Mara and I'm seventeen. I've brown hair and dark brown eyes. Writing is my passion, though I like reading, singing, dancing, jogging and playing volleyball and soccer too. I mostly write in.. more..

Writing
- Black Rose - - Black Rose -

A Poem by Mara