I have a confession...

I have a confession...

A Story by Armonia

I’m terrified. Of what is and of what could be. Of getting wrapped up, and then watching it all crash down upon me, just like last time. I tend to get worked up and overreact. It is the one flaw I wish I could erase forever, and trust me, I’m working on it.
-
For anyone who has seen Pulp Fiction, you are well aware of the comfortable silence. That if you find someone you can share a comfortable silence with, then you are lucky, because you have found someone really special. A silence that is beautiful and peaceful, that does not feel awkward or uncomfortable.
-
Sitting there in silence, I opened the book to any random old page. I believe everything happens for a reason and that the answers I was searching for that day, were lying there upon the page. It said…

“I am afriad of your silence because of what it could mean. I suspect your silence of meaning you are getting bored or losing interest or making up your own mind about me without my guidance. I believe that as long as I keep you talking I can know what you are thinking.

But silence can also mean confidence. And mutual respect. Silence can mean live and let live: the appreciation that I am I and you are you. This silence is an affirmation that we are already together-as two people. Words can mean that I want to make you into a friend and silence can mean that I  accept your already being one.”

- Hugh Prather Notes to Myself

Friends we are indeed, and I am completely accepting of that fact. Everything else just is, Que Sera, Sera, and I’m pretty ok with that.

© 2010 Armonia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010

Author

Armonia
Armonia

NV



Writing
40 Days 40 Days

A Story by Armonia


February 3 February 3

A Story by Armonia