Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Prologue:Stuck-I

Prologue:Stuck-I

A Chapter by Arnonymus

(Planet Earth)



A teen walked through the streets of a city as people around him ran like there life depended on it.



'Well nothing could be done about it.' The teen thought as he saw a lot of people running around as his eyes went to look at the sky where a giant rock was slowly becoming bigger signifying that it was nearing the planet.



'What a way for the end of the world.' He thought as he saw some people tearing into each other for little things. 'A giant a*s rock is heading towards us and they still can't help each other and be a little kind?! Can't really blame than on that department either, people usually think about their own survival first before thinking about others.' He thought with a shake of his head. 'Well atleast I was able to get what I wanted.' He lifted up a bag which contained most of the things he needed. He flinched as he rubbed the side of his face which was swollen right now. 'That hurts!' He thought as he neared his home, a street with extremely luxurious houses lined up, heading towards a one of the larger residence in the place.



'Well it seems like most are gone from this place?' He saw the abandoned street seeing no life in the surroundings. 'They did leave towards the giant ship.' The teen entered the house putting the things he brought on a counter top and moving towards one of the rooms, taking care of the bruise that was on his face. He briefly looked to the side where a picture hung with five people in it.



'At least you are not here for this day.' He thought looking at the picture. 'Don't worry, we'll meet each other soon.' He looked out of the window where the asteroid was much bigger in size. 'That asteroid is big enough not only to destroy Earth or reshape it but with the speed it is approaching it will be here in about twelve hours, or that's what NASA and other space institutes were talking about.' He went out of the room where a lot of consoles were. 'So I can just cook something and wait for the rock to fall on us.'



The teen moved around the house doing odd chores, including going to the garage and fiddling with the vehicles there, or entering another workshop and reading various books, that were there in the house.



After a while ringing noise began to come from the room as the teen became curious enough to head into the living room, he watched as the phone in the room rang a few more times before coming to a halt.



'There is no point.' The teen thought. 'They are not letting anyone else go through the place and even if the ship manages to make it on time, there's no way they will be able to get of the planet, even then there is not a single habitable planet and Earth doesn't have a technology that can travel to a planet with good enough atmosphere for the people, so stop calling and save yourself.' The call came a few more times before it died. He pulled out his cell, opening a chat and started typing a message.



'I know you expected me to be there but sorry, I was unable to make it there on time, moreover the borders between the states are locked, I cannot pass and if you keep on waiting for me you will be unable to save yourself, so please don't do this.' He paused for a moment before typing in again. 'I know that my parents gave my responsibility to you, but you are not responsible for this, and I am not saying about me bit about the situation, you cannot control it, so please save yourself.' He hit the send button and closed his cell phone as he looked out at the sky from the window of the room.



"Well what do ya know." The teen talked to himself as he looked at the approaching asteroid. "It might not be such a bad end." He said when a large light began to emit in front of the house with the Asteroid approaching. "What the-?" The teen stopped as the light started to distort and and huge hole appeared just above his house and between the asteroid. "Is this a phenomenon that happens when an asteroid appears?" He asks himself. "I mean I wouldn't know seeing how this is the first and the only time I will see an Asteroid falling on Eart-----" His words stopped when he begin to feel a massive amount of pain in his body, as the world began to distort.



'What's happening?!' The teen thought as the pain begins to surpass what human body is able to handle. 'It hurts!' He cried out as the world begins to darkened and he fell to the ground enduring the pain. 'This worse than what I thought about the asteroid.' He thought unable to notice the sudden change in the scenery that was just outside.



'What in the world is happening?' He thought right just before fainting.



(In a Different Plane)



A being sighed as he looked on in the distance and shook his head.



"Some people don't understand the trouble they are getting into, just because they want to have fun." The being said as he looked around. "But what do they know that this fun they thought they were going to have will turn itself into their worst punishment." He then paused for a moment.



"But I've got to give it to the one who planned this, unlike when they killed someone just so they could make them travel back and forth or causing someone grief just to make them travel, using a natural disaster for their own gain is quite ingenious, granted this isn't the first time somebody tried this, but trouble they get in this is quite minimal compared to others or is it more? Whatever." He then sighed and began tapping on a transparent screen of some sort. "Even then did they really think they could hide something like this from the higher beings such as myself, not to mention Father." He tapped for a few moments before coming to a halt.



"Well it's their problem after this." The being said as he made a final tap on the screen. "I wonder how long it will take for them to notice?"



(Back with the teen)


(1st Person P.O.V.)




"My head hurts!" My thoughts slipped from my mouth as I woke up. The very first thing I noticed was that I was on the ground and the room I was in looked like a mess, everything was fallen or out of its place, there were things that were broken, like a vase or two but most of the things were intact.



"Wait!" I suddenly said when I started to regain my memories.


"Why am I in my house, wasn't there an asteroid." I spoke looking around and instead of a giant rock there was clear sky and a lot of trees outside the windows?



"Is this afterlife?" I asked myself as I opened to door to go outside.



"If it is, it's nothing like what I imagined." I said looking at the lot of trees that were in the area, there were even some weird shaped trees in the distance. "And what are tho------what is that?!" I said as I turned to look back at my house but yelled in surprise when I saw that my house was completely attached to a large mansion of some sorts and as I began to notice there was even a large gate in a farther distance, farther than those weird shaped trees and few more houses that seemed modern, attached to the walls in the four corners and some sort of large animals that moved outside that gate. I quickly ran back inside pulled a glass went to the faucet and got myself water which I gulped down in a single breath.




"Okay!" I said to myself as I drank another glass of water. "This is just a dream, a nightmare even, there's no way I would've seen a large dinosaur outside the gate of this weird place which could be heaven and there is a chance that it is not heaven." As I was drinking water I noticed a door in the living room which was originally not their. The door doesn't seem to be out of place , until you look at the other doors in the living room and see that the door had some sort of marking in its place and moreover the color seemed to be new on the door.



"Huh?" I said as I looked at the door that was never there in my house. "What's behind this?" My curiosity was at an all time high, as my mind forgot the old saying, 'curiosity killed the cat.' I with my curiosity high, went to the door and opened the door gently to see a a much larger area showing that this living room was indeed connected to the larger mansion he closed the door again and then took a step back taking a deep breath.



"Alright, with everything that I've seen." I became anxious and moving back and forth in the living room of my house. "And after some serious thinking and seeing how there is a dinosaur out side the huge gate, a huge mansion that is now connected to my house by a very weird door and the door itself was never there to begin with, so my conclusion to this is that this is a dream, a very weird dream--woah----OWW!" I yelped when I stepped on an vase which rolled from below me and I fell on the ground. "That hurt! Wait?" I said when I sat back rubbing my back and hand when I suddenly stopped and brought my hand in front of my face. "It hurts?" At that moment I knew that what ever this was it was not a dream. And whatever this place was this was not his home, well maybe it's home but not the locality.



"Maybe I am still on Earth?" I thought as I looked around the house. "Maybe I was kidnapped and taken to a safe place, but there is no place safe on Earth, am I off planet?" I thought as my mind went to my parent's best friend who was given my responsibility. "If he had a way to get me off the planet, a city even, than he should've atleast informed me before hand instead of making me feel that much pain." I then paused for a bit. "But why are there dinosaur out there, did he bring me to a place with endangered and extinct species." I then looked at the door again, thinking of actually knowing and understanding about where was I.


"All right, first let's see what's in that place." I spoke to myself stood up and went to the door before retracting my hand from the doorknob.



"Let's keep safety in mind first." I went back to the kitchen took a knife keeping around my waist making sure that it would not cut me down there even by accident and then moved and picked up a bat and a pan that can be used as a makeshift weapon and a flashlight for the time being and came back standing in front of the door again.



"Okay so everything is prepared now." I thought and looked back at the doorknob again. "Am I forgetting something?" I asked for a final time not really wanting to explore the place behind the door, but reeled my fear in and slowly opened the door again.



A huge hall was in front of me, there were several windows and a few doors, but still a lot, around. Not forgetting the large main door that was between the mansion and the garden that was in front. I unconsciously let out a whistle at the large hall.



"Man, somebody put a lot of money in this place." I looked above to see several chandelier and including a huge one in the center of it. "Just look at that." I started admiring the designs that were on the ceiling moving without a care in the world when I noticed a scratching sound, which put me on the alert, as I brought the pan and the bat up standing in a defensive position.



"What was that?" I asked and saw nothing around. I strained my ear to hear that scratching sound coming again but from a door. That was on the opposite side from where I came. Something about this door was off making me wary of it and at the same for some reason the door seem to be inviting.



'That is a real creepy feeling I am having." I said to myself as a part of my mind tried to stop me from opening the door while the other half encouraged me. After arguing in my mind for a few more moments I just made up my mind to be careful but still be prepared for anything.



I gently turned the doorknob and pushed it, not wanting to alert someone, if they were inside there. I stood back as the door opened and after seeing that no one is coming to attack me, I, with silent steps, entered through it, the pan and the bat still in my hands ready to hit if someone comes at me with the intent to harm.



I moved in to see a living room, with several sofas and just like my house the things that were around the house, like decorations, frames and other things were on the ground fallen. I gently flipped a frame that was with its face down to see a landscape a frame that was face up was another landscape and a few more, I flipped the other one this time it was a portrait of some guy, another frame flip this time a picture that I couldn't make a sense of. 'Is this one of those modern art things.' I thought as I saw a myriad of colors on a single canvas. 'Only an artist could make the heads and tails of this thing.' I decided to put it down and went to a very small picture frame compared to the others that had a family picture of four.



"Cute kids." I murmured and decided to put the frame down again and move towards the kitchen looking in the fridge, the light is still working, good thing to know and I don't know if anyone is there in the house or not or if they would be so happy about me going through their homes.



*Bark* *yip*



I heard two distinct barking sound, which made me froze. I turned around to see two small puppies, both different breeds barking at me, and seeing the two reminded me of one thing, dogs and I, not a good match, even if they are puppies, which is to say I am a bit afraid of dogs, I do not have a phobia, but I will not go out of my way to greet a dog, no fond memories of them as they tried to eat my arm. The two attacked me, considering that I was an unknown intruder and not the owner of the house, or they tried to, two puppies, barking and trying to attack a teen with two makeshift weapons, not a good idea. But seeing how I am a bit afraid of dogs, even if they are puppies, it does not mean I will not try to protect myself.




Which I did in a very great manner, by jumping on top of the kitchen counter, where they cannot reach me, yes, I did just that. I am not going to make excuses, and a little embarrassed to admit, but I did what I just did and am not proud of it.



"Good doggy, very good doggy." I murmured as I put up hands in a placating manner and that made me notice that I fumbled and dropped those makeshift weapon on the ground, good thing they were just puppies, otherwise it would've been easier for them to actually jump on top of this counter and I am not keen with a meeting with adult dogs. I started to look for something in the cupboards that were over the counter something that would help me and I finally found a box with cereals, can the dog eat it, probably? Will they eat it? They do seem hungry and malnourished, so they might?



I opened the box as I moved away from the bat and pan where I dropped it and and threw the cereal on the floor. The two came running towards the possible meal they might have after a long while and beg eating it. 'So they can eat.' I thought as I saw that both stepped away from the cereal that after taking a few nibbles out of it and coughing it out. 'They didn't like it.' I thought and I was this close to the bat and pan. I jumped back up when they came back and sat right in front of me, in between those weapons of mine and me.



"What do you two want?!" I spoke with frustration but they didn't move. So if they didn't eat the food might drink something. 'I think I saw a milk bottle in that fridge?' I thought and moved over the counter closer to the fridge. I opened it and saw that there was a sealed bottle of milk in it. 'I just hope it isn't rotten.' I thought as I took it, trying so hard not to fall on the ground, removed the seal and opened it and took a whif of it.



'Huh?' I thought surprised. 'It's fresh.' I, not wanting to look like a fool in front of the two dogs walked the entire counter again, pulled a large bowl and poured it down in it, and put the bowl full of milk on the floor. The dogs unlike the first time where they ran towards cereal, both of them carefully walked towards it and and licked it, after making sure they were able to drink, both began drinking it using their you tounges, and seeing how it was being gulped down, it seem they've been hungry for a while and seeing them drink with such vigor I also brought the bottle to my mouth and began drinking, but stopped when I took the second gulp, remembering that this was not my house.



I decided to cap the bottle and put it on the counter, and moved back to get my makeshift weapons and quietly moved towards the door from where I came from when I heard the sound of small thumps. I turned back to see that the two pups had drank all the milk and were now looking up at me. I am not that good with dogs so I don't know exactly what they were looking at me with, and I ignored it, just because it is me.



"Shoo!" I waved the pan but instead of fleeing away both stood up. "Go away!" I said but instead they looked beyond at the then back at me. I, not knowing what to do, turned around and opened the door as one of the pup, quickly moved towards the open door and out if it, startling me as I almost jumped.



"So you two wanted to go out?" I asked the second one was behind me and followed me out, seeing that the two of them were not attacking me, I went with my plan to look around the inner mansion, and keeping in mind to come check the room that I came from at a later time, who knows the person who owns this place may know about the doors that leads to the two houses the mansion.



I stepped forward heading inside the mansion trying to find someone or anything, who could tell me exactly where I was or what was this mansion.



© 2021 Arnonymus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on August 8, 2021
Last Updated on August 8, 2021


Author

Arnonymus
Arnonymus

Writing
OtherWorld OtherWorld

A Book by Arnonymus