Gone Too Far

Gone Too Far

A Story by Arrow&Heartland
"

Alexia is a young teenage girl who witnessed a murder, her parents murder, she was only 7 at the time they died so she hardly remembers it and she's now 18... Her father was a werewolf so she is too..

"
Alexia ran through the forest, the wind brushing through her fur as she ran. She let her mind take her places she's never been before, different parts of the forest was now discovered for her...

It started to rain, but just a light rainfall. She stopped to look for shelter close by, luckily there was a small rock cave by the small hill she was going towards. She slowly made her way into the den and looked around before turning back into her original human form, this was her whole life, hunting, surviving alone in the forest and fighting for her life.

It all changed after her parents were killed that night, everything in her life all seemed to just fall apart and crash. After she ran away it was like she was freed from all the drama and violence her life used to have in it before, now that she can control her werewolf abilities she's able to transform into her wolf anytime she wants, not just out of the blue.

Why? Why do I have this power? How is this useful to my life? She always used to ask herself, until she found out that it didn't matter the reason... All that mattered is staying alive and keeping her life balanced. But how can she keep her life balanced if she's a werewolf? If she could be hunted down and killed? Weren't all these things worrying her?

The answer is no.

These things aren't bothering her whatsoever, Alexia is able to fend for herself and fight off any dangers that may come to her at some point in life. You might ask, how the hell does this girl even survive that long without any family? Well, Alexia is a werewolf now, she controls her abilities well and learned to fight like a wolf. She's half wolf half human, how do you think she survives?

Anyways, Alexia knew she had to do something before it gets darker and the rain starts getting heavier, so she walked out of the den and ran, leaping forward and transforming into wolf form. She started to walk along a trail that seemed to lead somewhere, but she didn't care where it led, all she cared about at the moment was getting something to eat before dark.

She started to speed up a bit because the rain began to fall harder, I shouldn't go too far, I have a shelter back there and I don't want to lose it... She told herself as she ran down the trail. She took a breath before turning back into the forest when gunshots were heard further down the trail.

As curious as she was she stayed hidden in the bushes, ready to attack anything that goes too close to her. As the gunshots grew louder she started to back away, managing to be back enough to not be spotted by the hunters that were sitting on horses shooting poor animals for their fur and meat.

"Did ya hear about that wolf on TV?" One of the hunters said to the other, cocking his gun and getting off of his horse to go through the forest, most likely.

"The wolf that killed another wolf the other day?" the other hunter asked, he had an accent that seemed quite familiar to Alexia.

"Yeah, yeah that one!" the hunter who asked about the wolf replied and raised his gun a bit towards a deer that was trying to run away from them.

Alexia's mind told her to run but her body just wouldn't listen, she slowly made her way forward and hid in the larger bushes which would hide her scent and herself. Are they talking about me? She wondered as the hunters began to look around.

"Man, that deer sure is running fast, but they don't run that fast unless there's real danger nearby." The one with the accent stated and looked around, he seemed frightened and reckless at the same time.

Alexia knew she had to run, but if she did run she'd surely be shot and killed by the hunters. So she stayed put. While she listened into the hunters conversation thunder was heard overhead and the rain came down even harder, it was officially pouring down rain. I have to run... But I don't want to be heard by the hunters... She told herself and looked around for any close escape that might be silent.

A loud howl was heard in the distance, from another wolf causing Alexia to have a chance at escaping. She took that chance and turned, running like the wind away from the hunters.

Wind pecked at her fur as she ran, but it felt nice. The rain pounded down onto her fur while she made her way through the forest, around trees and bushes as well as rocks and fallen branches.

Alexia knew she would be able to survive out in the wild, and now she had the chance to... She's a true wolf inside and out...

Gone Too Far...

© 2016 Arrow&Heartland


Author's Note

Arrow&Heartland
Should I make a book to go with this story idea of mine? Comment below what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on September 19, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016
Tags: Werewolves, Fantasy, Drama, Violence