The Four Aces: Chapter 1

The Four Aces: Chapter 1

A Chapter by ArtLNightshade

Blackjack clung to the back swoop of the truck as it sped furiously down the highway, narrowly avoiding collision by miracles much less than inches. He turned and pressed his back flat against the truck's cargo door, his eyes falling upon the huge armada of police cars racing towards them.

 

"Smokey on our tail!" He shouted, banging the side of the truck to get the driver's attention and telling him to speed up.

 

Blackjack waited while the police started to close the distance. He wasn't worried, even though the Duke of Diamonds and his daughter were leading the convoy. They'd be able to make it out of this, most of the time they did

He pulled his handgun from the holster underneath his coat and kept it steady in his hand. He weighed it to check if it had any rounds in it and once satisfied, he pulled back the hammer to load a round into the chamber. His free hand was in the air, directing the rear patrol car to come closer.

 

It was a new Mercedes, courtesy of the Four Aces but since it was new, it hadn't been lined with bulletproof metal or glass and wasn't so much prepared for a battle with the cops. For now, it was able to out-drive any cop car. Against armed officers though, it wouldn't stand a chance.

 

He couldn't see the driver but for all he knew, they were good enough to pull up to the rear of a truck that was over four times its size and fifty times its weight. The car came close enough for Blackjack to simply step onto the bonnet and crouch down once shots were being fired from their rear. He could even the roaring sound of chopper joining in on the chase. He leaned over and opened the door to the passenger side and he jumped onto it, using the metal to protect himself from the gunfire.

 

He looked at the driver who was shouting something at him but his words stopped as bullets flew through the rear windscreen pelted the driver through the car seat. The car was out of control and all that was left for him to do was jump off the car. As he landed and rolled between cars, the Merc crashed into several cars before it collided with the railing on the side of the highway, Blackjack was pretty sure the dead driver flew through the windscreen and into the sea below.

 

He had no choice but to take out his other handgun and fire at the cops while he waited for another car, more suited for a warzone, to pull up beside him.

 

***

 

As Blackjack wanted it happened. An all-black dodge charger with a knight from chess on the hood and trunk speed in his direction. The driver was known by all as the black knight.

 

Her car had armor on it and not only that the driver had two guns installed on the sides and in the car which was a manual on the shifter that she uses to shift it into gears was a button on it for the guns.

 

She had noticed that the black mercy was gone but she also noticed that a guy had jumped out of it and needed help otherwise jail time was in stored for him. So she spun the car around fast and made her way to him in hopes to stop the police cars from getting to him. She let her guns fly shooting at them and if that did not work she was going to ram them if they got to close as she made her way over to Blackjack.

 

Dark Knight pulled out her cellphone while driving her car and called Blackjack.

 

"Blackjack, I'm coming to get you." She called waiting for a reply as she made another turn. She ducked when she heard a machine gun; she pulled out her gun and began shooting as well.

 

Her reply finally came, "Good, just keep driving".

 

Dark Knight hung up and continued to drive in amazing speed while shooting at any cop, FBI, SWAT, or any enemy of the sort.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, The Shadow Rider of the Lord of Hearts decided to take his ride on a motorcycle. He had two Honda cars after him on either side; with a gun in on hand and the other one the handle of the motorcycle, he began shooting at them on the head whenever they come out of the window to shoot.

 

The Shadow Rider was known for riding in the shadows of the daylight, he shifted his motorcycle and drove into the shadows thus becoming invisible to the enemies. Soon they started to randomly shoot in hopes they would kill him. They missed every time and one by one they were assassinated until the driver and the one who rode shot-gun were left.

 

The ones on the shot-gun seats rolled their windows down and began shooting at him but to no avail, he kept on shooting brick walls and windows.

 

"Did you get him?" The driver asked making a turn to the left.

 

The shooter ducked back in and replied, breathing heavily, "negative. He's still alive".

 

***

 

Blackjack could feel the heat from the bullets as they whizzed past. He ran in the opposite direction of the truck and the police cars, seeing a familiar car with mounted machine-guns blazing its firepower at the cops while weaving towards him.

 

He ducked behind an abandoned taxi after the driver decided to run once the shootout started. He lifted his slightly to locate the cops who dismounted their car and fired at them with his guns. He managed to hit both, one went down but the other was barely affected. He broke from cover and kept firing at the cops while the Charger made its way to him.

As the bullets flew by her car and some even pellet her car she knew this was getting serious. She pulled out a stick of gum and popped it in her mouth and said, "time to get serious and let the fun begin".

 

She then tossed on some sun glasses and cocked a crooked smile and put the car into third gear and picked up speed. She was now shooting some cop cars out of the way and even ramming some others as she made her way fast thou the horde right to Blackjack.

 

It took longer than he felt comfortable with because the cops were overwhelming him and closing in on his position. He was forced to crouch in the small gap between two taxis, still under fire when the Black Knight halted right by him.

 

He stood and walked towards the car but instead of going for the passenger seat, he reached inside the car's glove compartment and pulled out the SMG that was lying there. He climbed onto the roof of the car, hoping she didn't mind.

He banged on the roof of the car while he shouted under the sound of gunfire, "Let's go! We need to catch up!" He loaded the gun and held onto the body of the car while she drove.

 

Dark Knight gave a cocky grin he could not see and said "as you wish ". She spun the car around to facing where she needed to go to head back to the rest of the convoy and sped forward. She noticed some of the face of the cops as it dawned on them who owned the black car with a chess knight on top. She shot cars out of her way and even hit some cop cars out of their way as well. She hoped Blackjack could hang on while she did her crazy driving.

 

***

 

The Shadow Rider had enough and blew at least three cop cars with an explosive disk bomb. He activated the bomb and threw it; it landed on one thus exploding three.

 

He noticed Blackjack and a very familiar car which was owned by none other than Dark Knight herself. He followed them on his motorcycle in the shadows of the broad daylight.

 

Shadow Rider had to pick up the pace in order to catch up, from afar he notice a few cops waiting for them where they were heading, he flopped his cellphone and called Blackjack, to warn him.

 

"Blackjack, there are cops at the end of our road blocking us." He warned hoping they got the message.

 

Shadow Rider waited for a reply as he jumped a railing and over several shipping carts. He managed to stick the landing and drive off without falling; four more cars came in from behind and began shooting. There were no shadows in the area so he'll have to drive faster.

 

***

 

Of course, the car had seemingly nothing on its hood for him to hold on to. Nevertheless, he managed to stay on the roof without falling onto the road. As the drove past police cars that she hadn't already blasted through, he laid down several rounds at the driver so they could not follow them. The driver's death was the least worrying thing on Blackjack's mind at this moment.

 

The most worrying was that there was an important public figure leading the convoy who they had to get to before the cops. He looked towards another vehicle who was riding behind them, another familiar face on their motorcycle. The Shadow Rider. His phone began to ring and it was none other than the Black Shadow himself.

He listened to the warning and nodded before sending his reply.

 

"Shadow! We need you to punch a hole through the cars so we can follow you through to the convoy!" He shouted at him through his phone, regaining his balance on the car and hanging up.

 

He banged on the roof some more, urging her to speed up. Dark Knight caught the message with a grin and a nod and speed up.

 

Through the other line of the phone, Shadow Rider ducked down as a bullet nearly took his head off, he eliminated the shooter before turning his head back on the road.

 

"That I can do sir!" He said as he punched a hole with his gun through the cars so they could follow without any more trouble than what they are already in.

 

***

 

Black Knight saw the bike speed up and go in front of her and knew what he was doing. When she heard the bang on her roof to speed up she did just that. She picked up the speed pretty fast by shifting into fourth gear. She was not going one hundred miles per hour and hoped that whoever got in her way would not send Blackjack off her roof.

 

She kept the speed up following the shadow rider and she thought when the three of them go together nothing could stop them from getting to the convey. She knew she had to protect the duke and his daughter with her life.

 

Blackjack remembered Shadow's warning and came up with an idea. He moved closer to Shadow so that he could hear him clearer.

 

"I need you to get onto the other side of the road and circle around the barricade. Do what you have to make a hole through them!" He shouted at him.

 

Blackjack leaned over and climbed through the open passenger window of the Charger and sat in the passenger seat.

"Drop me off just before the barricade ahead and then U-turn back. Go for a hundred yards and then go up the other side of the road to the Duke and cover the truck. I'll ride with Shadow." He explained, putting the SMG back into the glove compartment and taking out his dual Berettas again.

 

"So they send all they have do they,” she hit a button on her car and reloaded her machine guns on the side and rolled down her windows. "Then I guess it’s time to send this car into death mode and show the world what dark knight means ". She rolled up her window and pushed anther button and the trunk popped open and two more guns popped out.

 

She was loaded now with four guns and on top of that if she had to she will send out the rocket launcher but that was the last resort. The rocket launcher came out of the roof of the car behind Blackjack if she was going to use she would have to tell him to get inside of the car but till then the guns would have to do. Just then Blackjack was in her car and she knew what she could do. She nodded her head and said, "You got it".

 

She did as she was told sped up to just before all the horde of cops pulled the car into a fast stop and said "alright lets show the world what happens when the mess with us time to get out for me to play mean". She pressed the button and a rocket launcher was now on top of her car.

 

***

 

Blackjack got out of the car and grinned once he saw the mighty rocket launchers unfold out of the roof. He started firing at the cops, trying to keep the cops from damaging the Charger too much and buying Shadow some time to get around the barricade. He waited for the Knight to blow a hole in the cops, knowing the power of the awesome RPG's.

As she looked right at Blackjack as he got out of the car and gave him one of her famous crooked grins before she sets one off. She then hit the button and watched as one missile flew out of the gun and hit right in the middle of the barricade.

 

She watched as one car went up in flames and noticed that two and three more went up in flames. The damage was done lives was lost but all she did was reload the thing and waited for the right time to fire it off.

 

She wanted to make sure she was not going to hit Shadow Rider. She did her u turn right after that rocket and was now in front of the truck with the duke and daughter.

 

***

 

Now was his chance to go around the barricade, he had a sharp turn and pushed hard to build up more speed soon after he pushed the breaks in front of Blackjack.

 

"Need a ride?" He asked, with a grin. Blackjack smiled at Shadow's wit, while taking a seat behind him.

"Don't mind if I do." He said, reloading his guns after almost emptying them. "Pull up next to the convoy so we follow it home." He told him, putting the guns back in his holster.

 

He sat comfortably and for the first time since the whole battle started, Blackjack took a deep breath and relaxed. The police had pulled back their forces after their devastating losses and even the chopper gave up and went back. He smiled, knowing that he'd have to buy Shadow and the Knight drinks after this for saving his skin.

 

Shadow nodded and started up the motorcycle again. He headed towards the convoy and pulled up beside it so they could follow.

 

***

 

Knight saw the cops leave and sighed, "Just when the fun starts you all run away with your tails between your legs". She put the rocket launcher back into her car so that the roof was complete.

 

The back seat was no more cause of the rocket launchers so the charger became a two seated. She even pulled in the guns from back but left the ones on the side in case more trouble came along. She picked up speed as the convey kept on going.

 

She was no longer in the lead but beside the head truck, she did not want people thinking she was in charge for he knew damn well the duke was.

 

The convoy eventually reached its destination which happened to be the Duke's home in preparation for a gathering he was planning in a week. But before any of that, Blackjack still had to buy the Knight and the Shadow a drink.

He waited until the rest arrived to give them out their drinks and pay the bills as well.

 

"Another long fun day." He said to himself as he watched the bartenders tend to other customers while listening to other people's conversations.

 

***

Soon Dark Knight came and sat next to him while they wait for Shadow Rider who was parking his motorcycle in the shadows away from the other vehicles.

 

They visited the bar frequently after almost every mission they do, it was a tradition to them all.

Once Shadow Rider arrived, Blackjack knew it was time, "so what'll be?" He started, leaning back on the counter. "The least I can do for your services today."

 

Shadow scanned through the beverages seeking which he would like to drink. He found the one to his liking and asked for Irish Ale. Blackjack nodded and asked a free handed bartender for an Irish Ale.

Dark Knight did the same as well and scanned through the drinks. The bartender, after giving Shadow and Blackjack their drinks waiting patiently for Knight to call out her request.

 

"A screw driver". She loved them fruit drinks and this one had vodka in it. It was also made with orange juice.

Blackjack nodded towards her and also towards the tender who immediately went on to making the Screw Driver for Knight. As soon as it was done, he slid it over to her and she caught it with one hand.

 

Taking a whiff of the Screw Driver, she exhaled at the smell of the drink. "Smells so divine."

 

Blackjack's opinion of drinking was the same as everything else; take it while you have it. He didn't mind the occasional high from narcotics but he preferred to keep his mind clear. He held his glass out to them while he made a small toast to their efforts.

 

"To the Four Aces." He said, smiling.

 

The rest raised their glasses and repeated the toast before taking sips of the drinks they ordered.

 

***

 

Dark Knight was the first to finish her drink, she heard the door open and turned around, a smile formed on her lips as she watched who entered the building. A familiar face stepped in.

 

"Well well Death star is in the house" she said with a smile as the girl made her way over to them.

 

Death star was a pretty sight all that blonde hair in curls bouncing around her head. She had sparkly blue eyes that scanned the three of them with a smile. She also had lushes red lips that curved into a nasty smile. She wore a black leather body suit that hugged her body nicely with black leather boots.

 

She got to the bar and said, "well you three were great as always wish the duke would have let me joined like I wanted but he said I needed to stay in the truck in case I was needed to kill of cops that would have jumped onto the bus and besides I had a mission to do after that ". She got herself a drink and then turned to the three adding, "I was sent to kill a private detective that was working undercover".

 

"Let's its good seeing you again Death Star." Blackjack said calling out the tender to give Star's request. Soon afterwards, Death Bringer came along. He was at another table but once he looked up he noticed the four and walked up to them with a broad smile through his baby face figure.

 

"As I live and breathe. Death Star, Blackjack, Shadow Rider, Dark Knight; what a pleasant surprise." He said taking a seat beside Star as he sent in his third request of Scots.

 

Dark knight looked over at Death bringer and said with a smile, "well good thing you’re on our side otherwise death would visit once again and yes this is a pleasant surprise."

 

Death star looked over at him with a smile and said, "Well hello there as well." She went back to her drink then turned to him and added, "How have you been death bringer?"

 

Death Bringer smiled again and replied to Star's question, "just swell Star, I had a few run downs with the SWAT team but I also managed to steal their weapons while they were either dead or while we were fighting in close range."

Bringer took out a bag loaded with various guns from the SWAT team and placed them spread out onto the table for all to see.

 

Dark knight looked at the guns with a smile but then went back to her drink. She was not much into guns right now more into the drinks but she also had a car loaded down with them. She soon stood up and said, "If you all do not mind I shall hit the ladies room". She stood up and walked by the men's room to get there and she thought she heard fighting but then moved on to into the ladies’ room.

 

Death star leaned real close to all those guns and said, "Nice ". She picked one or two up and played with it before putting it back. "Today was a good day after all I saw the duke smile and say so and that is a rear thing let me tell you".

Blackjack smiled and couldn't help but laugh at the gathering of trained killers and criminals.

 

"Looks like we'll all be getting drunk together then." He chuckled, chugging down his glass of whiskey before ordering the whole bottle. But then, a familiar feeling came over him. An experience he recognized very well.

 

"Now, if you'll excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, I gotta take a leak." He said, sliding off the bar stool and lumbering his way to the bathroom.

 

***

 

While taking his leak, Blackjack heard someone stepping out of one of the cubicles behind him and before he knew it, a piano wire was around his rope as the assassin tried to choke him.

 

He kicked off the wall, pushing him and his assailant into the opposite wall where he got the chance to turn and attack the assassin but another came from the side, took his waist in their arms and threw him to the floor.

 

He was entirely at the disadvantage but he could still put up a fight against these idiots. He blocked the blows from the assassin while he bore over him before he grabbed his fist and thudded his head against the assassin's.

 

It disorientated him and allowed Blackjack to push him off but the other was on him, trying to subdue him for the kill. But Blackjack was tougher; he stopped his first punch and gave him a right cross at the jaw.

 

He got up and tried to find a weapon but then both started simultaneously attacking him and it was too hard for him to fend off all their punches and kicks. He ended up being pushed into a cubicle where the lid to the toilet seat broke off.

Blackjack managed to knock out the one standing in front of him by kicking him hard enough so that he flew back and hit the sink. He picked up the lid to the toilet seat and swung it right at the other one's face and he wouldn't be able to remain conscious after that hit.

 

Blackjack inspected himself in the mirror and saw the cuts and blood all over his face and neck. He splashed cold water onto his face, washing away the crimson off. He stared at himself in the mirror for a bit before he decided to send whoever tried to kill him a message.

 

He punched the glass and naturally, it broke into several pieces. He took a shard out that he could hold in his hand and crouched in front of the assassin who had his head bashed in by a toilet seat. He grabbed his head and started cutting across the man's neck, letting the blood seep onto the floor.

 

He did the same to the other after whom he dropped the shard of glass and covered his fingers in his blood. He wrote on the mirror a few words, "better luck next time". He cleaned his hands of the blood and then walked outside and back to the bar stool like nothing was amiss.

 

"That went well." He said, grinning like he did as he washed his hands and walking out of the restroom.

 

***

 

Admiring the guns, Shadow shook his head in amusement. "Gotta hand it to you Death Bringer, you sure have a way with stealth."

 

Death Bringer couldn't help but flush at all the comments he was receiving, "ah it was nothing".

Blackjack came out of the restroom as Star did as well, "somebody got on your bad side i see hate to be them". She sat down beside him and sipped on her drink again". She then looked around her at the gathering of people highly wanted by the cops and thought to herself the cops used to run the place but now they kind of do.

 

She looked back at Blackjack and said, "Too bad I did not get to see the fight I bet it would have been fun to watch you whip their asses". She then sighed and said, "Wish the duke and his daughter was here after all Death star is getting kinda board drinking is fun but so is killing".

 

She was getting restless but that was until Knight brought the girl anther drink and knew if she got her wasted she won’t be to edgy to kill something instead maybe she could have some fun with her .

 

One thing was known the two girls were best friends and they sometimes had slumber parties but they were not pillow fights that where nice blood was drawn for they kept each other fit and ready for battle.

 

"Believe me; you wouldn't have wanted to be there." He said, recalling the time when he started cutting their throats with the shard from the mirror and then writing a message in their blood as if it was paint.

 

He can horrify even himself sometimes but the most it did was make him laugh. Blackjack always did manage to do worse things than that. He would have to request an audience with the Four Aces in the morning, letting them know of an imminent attack. They'd probably take it more lightly then he was doing but at least they'd consider going defensive.

 

"I have work to do in the morning but I'm free for the night until then." He smiled, taking down the bottle of whiskey.

 

***

 

Star smiled and said "free huh this girl can think of a few things that would be fun of course one will need to take some drinks to go no fun getting this death star wasted without friends"

 

Knight walked up to the girl and grabbed her bottle from her hand and said, "you know you could always take me home Star I get wasted with you ". This caused Star to laugh and said, "I know but I wanted to know what Blackjack thought or maybe death bringer or shadow racer”. This caused a laugh to come out of Knight.

 

Meanwhile, Aileen was in the bar wearing a hooded jacket as a disguise. She drank one bottle of beer before asking for water. She was spying on the four but she made it look like as if she were reading a menu.

 

She got up from her seat and sat next to Star, ordering a second round hoping her voice would be unrecognizable.

 

***

 

Blackjack took another swig of what remained of his bottle but as he put it down, some part of his memory began ticking upon hearing a voice. Somehow, he recalled that voice from somewhere and it emanated from behind Star. He slid off of his stool and looked behind Star to see a hooded figure.

 

Typical, he thought why would anyone wear a hood and hide their face in a place where people want to be seen. He walked towards the person and did what he thought was right according to his foggy brain and jacked up nerves. He grabbed the back of the hood and pulled it down to reveal a face he hoped would not venture to these parts.

 

"You can't be here, princess." Blackjack spoke to her as he waited for a reply from the Duke's daughter.

 



© 2014 ArtLNightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on April 9, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014