The Virgin Queen

The Virgin Queen

A Chapter by Artemis

It was well known the crown prince was spending his time lately around town. Some would say he is looking for a partner or maybe the females that are pampered up and walking up and down the street give off that and created a rumor but unfortunately he was indeed in town looking for a partner and breaking one of his father's rules. The king had to be the one to plan his son's wedding but his plan was another. He would find a partner before the old man could pick anyone and forced the crowning ceremony.

Family Astaria was quiet known, being one of the wealthy families in the main town right at the end of the imperial castle. They had 3 daughters, but only the last one was the interest of everyone as she had white snow hair. No one had an actual explication for her unnatural hair color, thinking it could be a blessing from the Winter God who was in harmony with the Fire God. She was so so lovely, warm heart and she would always help around, elders youngsters, it didn't matter she would help without a problem.

2 WEEKS LATER

But one day, a letter came to the house. It was an invitation to a contest. It was what they hoped to never happen. The prince spotted the young daughter and asked for her. She had to compete against other 5 females, proving she's worth being the wife and the future queen. It would be the greatest pleasure for others but not for them. Knowing the true face of the cruel prince with a cold heart.
The trip to the castle was quiet. None of them talking, maybe intimidated by the weird aura of the guards but for sure she wasn't happy to be there. The horse she was riding was white like her hair and it was the only white horse. A mockery she thought to herself.

Gazing outside of his office, he spotted the white horse and his rider. She was riding with her head up and a perfect posture.

"Noble blood..."
"Excuse me, your majesty?"
"The girl with white hair, who is she?"
"The third daughter of the Astaria Family."
A smirk was present on his face, this contest could have been over already, the others weren't so important anymore. He knew her blood was the purest one and her unique features just fit for a queen.

Guided to the greeting hall there stood the girls. Dressed in the most beautiful dresses they could get in the little time they were allowed. All waiting for him.

"I think all of you know why you have been taken from home?"
The headmaster of the servant addressed them while they were forming a perfect line.
"Yes..."
"Alright then, here I present you his royal highness crown prince Impetus."
He came into the room dressed In the red cape with his demanding behavior obliviously flanked by his guards. His steps were small and calculated like he was a predator looking at his prey who was way too easily offered to him.
"You're all my properties now, no rumors will be spread by those mouths or there will be consequences that I'm quite sure you won't like. "
The air in the room changed quite fast becoming a heavy one.
Placed in the far end because of her small frame she never thought she would catch his eye but when he stopped in front of her she knew. That was the end for her.
"To be honest, I'm not interested in having a loving relationship, I just need an heir as the rules say. So one of you will carry my Heir and of course becoming the queen of the country, but before that, you all will be tested. I don't need a weakling carrying the future heir."
Shifting his gaze from her hair to her eyes, she once again saw that predator and something more?

Days passed, the girls were easily sent back home. Months passed and the last 2 left were Ros and Anna.
"This is the last test you two have to pass. Each of you will spend the night with the crown prince-"
Her head was going blank, she knew that she was going to fail this test as she was informed about it, is some kind of important manners thing but it seems something changed. This wasn't the plan...her world was slowly crumbling as the man kept on talking and giving servants orders to prepare the two.

As she was taken to his room by an elderly woman she saw that little smile on her face but she couldn't calm down.
"He likes you"
Confused at the woman's words she had no time to ask as she was pushed inside the room.
In the middle of the room was presented a big bed, the room covered in bloody red and gold. Quiet the fitting for his ego. No wanders everyone fears him, even this room was giving her chills let alone the imperial castle.
A chuckle was heard.
"Good evening little lady."
"Your majesty."
"Come take a sit on the bed, I promise I won't bite..."
She took a seat and looked around to find him.
"...hard"
His breath tickled the side of her neck and she squeaked.
Smirking he realized she wasn't experienced at all, perfect he thought to himself. A naive little lamb falling right into his hands. Quiet the enjoyable moment for the young prince but little did the prince know that his little fun this night was going to turn into something more important. History was created right at that moment.

4 MONTHS LATER

"The heir! Your majesty, you have an heir!!"
The doctor announced as soon as he exited the room. She wasn't so scared of him anymore. Their relationship quiet improved after that night. She would be in his presence more often, some servants even said they heard them laughing and enjoying tea.

Anna who became a concubine wasn't in the center of his attention anymore and she was angry. Displeased by the loving relationship and the little life that appeared behind it she started taking action. She was going to do one of the most horrible things...killing the heir.


© 2020 Artemis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on August 19, 2020
Last Updated on August 19, 2020
Tags: Romance, war, adventure, love, concubine, castle, history