rtgf

rtgf

A Story by Dirty-Hipster
"

dfgfdgf

"

Zooey Deschanel

 

 

      Zooey Deschanel was born in 1980; she was almost destined to be an actress. You see, her father Caleb Deschanel was an Academy Award- nominated cineamatographer, and her mom Mary- Jo Deschanel was an actress who starred in Twin Peaks. Ever since Zooey was a child she wanted to be an actress, Zooey got her big break at age 17 playing a model in a TV show called “Veronica’s Closet.” Her first film role was a year later in a movie called “Mumford.” Being in ‘Mumford’ prompted her to quit university and to be a full-time actress. Since a role in ‘Almost Famous’, Zooeys rise to fame had been becoming greater and greater! Zooey has appeared in such films’ (500) Days of Summer’, ‘Our Idiot Brother’, ‘Yes Man’ ,’Elf’,’ Your Highness’,’ The Happening’ ,’The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy’ and is the star of the FOX sitcom New Girl. Zooey is often compared to golden era Hollywood starlets and is also a talented singer. Zooey’s trademarks are she, often plays odd, uncommon girls, long dark hair with bangs, and her big blue eyes.

 

Trivia!

 

Went to high school with her Almost Famous (2000) co-star Kate Hudson.

Younger sister of actress Emily Deschanel.

Graduated from Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences in Santa Monica.

She spent several summers at camp upstate New York at French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. She was also featured in the video forThe Offspring's song "She's Got Issues" and the accompanying MTV documentary The Offspring Complete Music Video Collection (2005) (V). She also plays ukulele for the band 'If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies'.

Attended Northwestern University for one year, but dropped out.

Wrote a screenplay titled "Circus Girl" with friend Jackson Nash. "Circus Girl" involves a witch, evil flying red balloons and a giant diamond. Zooey plans to star in the film as the nerdy main character.

Is a big fan of actress Parker Posey.

Interests include jazz singing, philosophy, fashion and photography.

Did her own singing in the movie Elf (2003).

Plays the piano and the baritone ukulele.

Has performed with Jackson Nash's comedy group, Manifest Destinyfest.

Turned down a role in Bully (2001) to star in Big Trouble (2002).

Is part of the cabaret group called 'If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies'.

She pronounces her name "ZOH-ee" (not "Zoo-ee").

Her last name is pronounced "day-shuh-NELL", with "day" slightly more accented than the middle syllable.

Is part of indie duo called She & Him with M. Ward. Their debut album is called Volume One.

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Dirty-Hipster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on January 25, 2013
Last Updated on January 25, 2013

Author

Dirty-Hipster
Dirty-Hipster

Canada



About
My name is Victoria, I love reading and writing more..

Writing