The mystery unresolved

The mystery unresolved

A Story by Arundass TP
"

A proof of reincarnation

"
An old dictionary after flipping through the pages, got a photograph of a beautiful girl of around fruitful years. She is beautiful to his eyes only, her eyes looks dreamy, her curly hair like floating rain clouds Her lips may be red as it is a black and white photograph. All together looking as an angel from heaven.

There is an impulse to carry that photograph anywhere he travelled. A feeling of luck. Moreover a feeling that she is beside him. Her face was stamped inside heart, as time passed he tent to worship that angel.

Months passed! Her concrete imagery, started acting in reality. Sometime he could see not only her face but in total appearance. She used to smile at him and vice-versa.Some day he used to talk to her aloud, the reply was received as expected. One day she asked him to come to the location where she came from.

Every day they talked in the night late hours. Other’s won’t hear their conversations as no one put him in madman’s list.

He was happy with dating with her! Somehow he had an intuition to carry the dictionary he bought to the seller and asked him the root that the seller got this book. Seller pointing the bulk sale agent towards the far away city.

He travelled and reached the destination for further investigation but in vein.

That night she came and asked to join a walk with her. Never he rejected because he is on the path to see her place where she is living.

They walked miles to a remote place in between sugarcane farms. She floated smoothly towards an old demolished house. Where he found a burial site! She told her age old life experiences and pointed out one burial location nearby. “It’s your body resting inside!” Friend. You are living an another life now we both lived for years here enjoying our life. It’s luck to be one again. She tried to hug him. His body was lying dead with an old dictionary in one hand.

As usual crime scene was marked, police got a photograph from the pocket of the dead and started their journey of investigation based on it, to resolve the mystery of death ..



© 2023 Arundass TP


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Perhaps his subconscious guided him in the direction he was supposed to be. Perhaps they're together in another realm, happy and together. That was a great story indeed.

Posted 8 Months Ago


Arundass TP

8 Months Ago

Thank you friend for reviewing
As if love would know or care of age or forget a life...had to be a dictionary I suppose..lol. Wonderful love story. The spirit of life and love prevails over all things ephemeral or so the story goes. Enjoyed the read~

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arundass TP

8 Months Ago

Thanks for reviewing
Ah, a mysery indeed and a wonderful tale of spirits and the spirit as well. I enjoyed this lovely love story and tale of reincarnation so much.

Posted 8 Months Ago


Arundass TP

8 Months Ago

Thank you friend for reviewing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2023
Last Updated on September 13, 2023
Tags: Short story, Story

Author

Arundass TP
Arundass TP

Thalassery, Kerala, India



About
I am mad enough to write With a pen half filled ink On a torned paper I got Leaving others mad to read Inside the fantasies where I live. more..

Writing