Tongue twisters

Tongue twisters

A Story by Arundass TP
"

Some words creates panic

"
Story begins while he approached his friend an experienced English professor who retired from job and now busy with gardening.

After hearing Mary Poppins a 1964 version, he decided to approach a retired professor with a tongue twisting word. Professor discouraged him and advised to read some interesting novels and told that he has no time to twist his tongue.

Once on travel, he found a friend of him working in silica industry, suffering from silicosis. But the crazy doctor wrote a long word behind the prescription in bracket. After returning he once more approached the professor, with that tongue twisting word. Never he was interested and looked him with his burning eyes. Understanding adverse situation he returned home by having a cup of coffee together and left the place.

He once called the professor whether he read novel Kelidar? Reply was No! That evening he watched a comic thriller movie “ The Englishman who went up to a hill but came down a mountain “ enjoyed well and called professor in the late night. The professor fired and used filthy word’s disrupting each other’s sleep.

Weird ideas bloomed. ‘It’s time to live happily, see the world.’ He thought of destinations and later he selected four odd locations out of few more spreading in different continents. Travel agent must sweat and work hard for his travelling desires!

Early morning he contacted nearby travel agent for support. Agreed, they promised to assist his desires. Travelling agent must have wondered the customer is mad or a purposeful traveler!

A village in Anglesey ,Welsh, to take decent photograph standing in front of her Railway platform with place name and a visit to lake Chaubunagungamaug at Massachusetts, A hill Taumata located in Northern Island , New Zealand for trekking, A farm in North West province in South Africa. Those are not famous destinations for tour operators for them they include big cities and wilderness worldwide in their list.

After a week, called the professor and told about the travel plan. He blessed. After two days he left Mumbai for his memorable journey. After a month he returned to native place.

He visited professor the next morning explained about his experiences. Professor seems panic of hearing place names. He asked him to go out and shut the gate in force, leaving bad impression.

After a week he visited a Psychiatrist, explained experiences with professor and his emotional challenge between professor.

Psychiatrist took a blank paper from the drawer, took a pen wrote something on it, sealed and gave him and asked him to give this sealed paper to the professor, and taught how to deal the other person.

In the evening he visited professor, but he never opened gate and denied entry into the house. The paper given by the psychiatrist was handover to the professor with one condition.

“You must read the content and act accordingly”!

After few months…
Psychiatrist called him to attend a session and reserved time. When he reached psychiatrists office, he wondered professor on the chair near psychiatrist. The psychiatrist asked him to explain his journey with all respect; There were four tongue twisters to read. Never the professor became disinterested, smiled at him.

Psychiatrist wrote something on the paper and showed to professor.
“These days I am treating you for HIPPPOPOTOMONSTRASESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA”. Now you are OK.

Now our professor is brave enough to see full form of TITIN. All of them laughed aloud.

© 2023 Arundass TP


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear, Arundass TP,
I thoroughly enjoyed your story,
The ending was unexpected, love the part of tongue twisting,
I'm one of them, LOL,
I couldn't help but to imagine, silly of me, Einstein, :)

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arundass TP

7 Months Ago

Thanks friend 😊
1809 Black Plague December

7 Months Ago

you are most welcome Dear
I really liked your shared story , very well written , thanks , I like the Hippo analyses by the shrink

Posted 7 Months Ago


Arundass TP

7 Months Ago

Thank you friend 😊
It was nice read, four places, all corners. Sorry I made you to stop reviewing my work you can continue reviewing.

Tongue twisters it was little funny to see his face when he was saying it,angry for the second that he couldn’t say properly, I asked him again and again only to correct him but he just stopped saying. I want to share one memory which he doesn’t know about it, his name looked Middle East , I never knew he was from south just assumed might be from ME,on the very first time I saw his name on the cubicle wall, who is this guy might be. I was surprised how he knows I am from south, when he said I am also from south. Still a query want to know. Also want to ask does he know that I sent a friend request on fb immediately after he left for catching flight for Christmas vacations not to make him miss in 2012. I know that you had fractured his leg in Christmas holidays on the same year, when I asked Ss that why he is not returning is not stamping done, then she said he is in bed. This is one you doesn’t know that I know.

I don’t know I need meds but once in a while I take one or two, when people cluster my mind with too much talk, can’t handle anger if people persist to irritate. I am not seeing any doc, but I can manage the prescription by my own, dosage trials.

If people don’t disturb me I feel pleasant in mind. If my family or someone hurts I can’t I had to listen to chants. Thinking of meditation but it is hurting me.

How’s your day went??

Just thought of sharing mine, that reminded mine.

I trust you I like him more than anyone he is not a bad but good but hurts a little, this is about him in above lines.

Thank you for reading my review😊

Posted 7 Months Ago


Arundass TP

7 Months Ago

Thanks friend.
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2023
Last Updated on September 17, 2023
Tags: Psychology, Story, Travel, Phobia

Author

Arundass TP
Arundass TP

Thalassery, Kerala, India



About
I am mad enough to write With a pen half filled ink On a torned paper I got Leaving others mad to read Inside the fantasies where I live. more..

Writing