Chapter I

Chapter I

A Chapter by AsTheKissIgnites
"

With a scream, and while pulling my hair, a decision has been made. I will kill the king.

"

 

There were flames everywhere.


Feeling the heat all over my face, and my nose was assaulted by the smell of singed straw and charred flesh. The courtyard was a shambles of burned and broken bodies; men fell from the wall or were hit by the debris from the catapult's ammunition, and the sounds of few skirmishes still raging on. I rode between and around them until I came to the main entrance of the castle. The men had been right " the fires were close, though I think it will stop in a little while. There was plenty of time to find Sabrina and to get her out, but where was she?


I dragged my horse to the other main entrance of the castle, men nod as I passed them by. Where was she? Silly child, If I found her I will surely pinch her wee face till it turns red.


“Sire…” 


Someone called behind me with a gruff. I pulled the rein of my horse to stop and I quickly turned around. A young man, with a pool of blood all over him, while his left hand is covering his left eye. I recognized him from somewhere, but I don’t remember knowing his name; there are more than hundred scouts that we recruited and a thousand knights that we promoted from being a squire and none of them is special enough for me to remember their name.


“Yes, lad?” I muttered in annoyance. I needed to find my nosy little sister, oh that brat! And this man has no manner at all. Gruff at me! Me! One of the Knights of the Round Table. I snapped at myself and counted from one to ten to dissolve my anger before I slashed the throat of the boy in a front me.


“There’s something I want to tell you…” he continued, still with a gruff voice. He takes a deep breath.  “This is about your younger sister…”


“My sister? What is it about my little sister?” I growled. This boy just pulled the last string of the straw. If he touched my little Sabrina, I will pull his wee finger one by one.


The young man cowered, like a cat scared by a hound.


“No, Sire I am not the one who was touching her…” he defends.


Touching, my little sister?


“What are ye talking about, Brat?!” I hissed on his face. The thought now made me ill. If someone touched my little sister, I swear to god. I pulled my sword and point it to him. Taunting him. “if it’s not you, then, WHO?!” I growled.


“Th.. da King, sire!” the brat screamed with a choke, the hand covering his left eye followed his right hand to defend himself, shivering and thinking that my sword may slashed his throat.


The king?


“What are ye saying brat? Are ye creating some rumors about our holy king? And spread them like a liquid fire hovering our main land?!” I shouted.


The young boy dropped on his knees, perhaps because of the exhaustion from a continuous week battle or perhaps he’s scared like a scrawny cat. He looks up to me, with one eye. One, perhaps he lose the other one with the battle.


“I had two eyes before, sire. Do you know how I lose the other one?” he asked with a mint of despair rolled off his tongue.

I did not answer. He sensed it, so he continued “… last night, it was cold, and I cannot sleep because of the cold. I heard a gushing whisper and a hiss and then… a loud slap of flesh. I was startled, so I peeked from the unbearable hole of the tent. And all I can see is the three guards of the king clutching a struggling wee beautiful lass, like a kitten trying to escape from the hounds. Then, several moment passed by and the lass just dropped like a motionless doll. And the king’s guards scrambles to collect her. It was because of the confusion and the beautiful lass, why I followed them, sire. If I didn’t followed them I still have my"“


I quickly jumped off from my horse, put my sword to my scabbard, and grab the lad’s collar and furiously pulled him in the bushes, where no one is looking. The lad look abashed by my action, and it takes a moment for him to collect himself.


“What is its connection to my wee sister, lad?” I hissed at his face. I put a strong leverage on my right arm, tugging him, and pushing him up by his collar unto the wall. “Answer me you b*****d?!” I hissed-splutter at his face.


The astounded lad just stared at me blankly.


“I said answer me” I hissed quietly, I almost shown him my despair, and then I tried to control my anger. I dropped the lad; he just dropped like a doll, until he eventually recollected his wits, sits up straight and hugged his short legs tremulously.


“I followed them, sneakily…” the lad continued with such pity on his face  “ the three guards are laughing, the big and the bulky one is holding the lass, the other knights and maids that encountered them in the hall just let them passed by. I do not understand, whenever the maids passed by, they gushed undesirable whispers. But the same things that I can hear from them are ‘one of the knights of the round table’s younger sister and the king was"…’ my confusions are eating me. Until we reached the end of the hall, the enormous door of the room of the said holy king. I come on an amiss epiphany, I tried to erase it, but I can’t. It was the only thing that comes on my mind. But the booming voice of King Reddrought snaps me from my incredulous questions. I do not know what to do. Until the maids bringing the foods of the king came. I threw an apple that I kept on my wee bag, and they got quickly distracted, I quickly turn and sneak inside one of the madam maid’s bustle skirt. I am small, so I fit, and they will never notice me. After they enter the king’s room, I quickly ran from the maid’s bustle skirt and hide behind the king’s knight armor that stand on the hide side. The king Reddrought welcome his three guards and the sleeping form of your sister, I was abashed, astounded, because I didn’t quickly recognized it’s your sister. I peaked on the side of the knight’s armor just to see what the commotion is all about, until I saw the king is cradling your sister with his meaty hands and with eyes that is full of lust. And he keeps saying “oh my Sabrina, my sweet girl, I sent your brother away again, so we could have our alone time, don’t you like it my sweet girl? He’s talking to the sleeping form of your sister, sire. He looks like a goddamn mad! A shock of tremor stung me, bile of vomit is trying to push up from my stomach, and I lost my balance and accidentally push the knight armor beside me. They glanced at the clattered armor and saw me, the king signaled something to them, they grabbed me, and then--"


All breath left me. I told myself not to listen, albeit for once I knew he said nothing but a truth. I envision the king looking at her, once, with a lascivious look as if he is participating in a tourney but I ignored it, thinking it’s nothing even though it is only my speculation what happened.


He did not touch my wee Sabrina. He could not have. I chanted to myself.


No…God, please, no…


With a scream, and while pulling my hair, a decision has been made.  I will kill the king.


I glanced again at the lad; I nodded my appreciation, with my unshed tears. I turned around with my sword, and left my horse at the entrance.



.... 



© 2012 AsTheKissIgnites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha.. like it.. more! :) thanks for sharing
-Genie a.k.a Kuhr Gred

Posted 11 Years Ago


AsTheKissIgnites

11 Years Ago

thank genie! haha :D
Kuhr Gred

11 Years Ago

welcome :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012
Tags: Battle, Knights, Violence


Author

AsTheKissIgnites
AsTheKissIgnites

Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines



About
seventeen year old brat, came from the Philippines, and currently in love to Robert Pattinson and his beautiful feet ( foot fetish, eh? hihi^^ ) i am an not that great in grammar and poems is one .. more..

Writing